Drunk ass renters...

jerry

Two groups of renters here tonight.Some respectful,easy going South Africans that now live in Phoenix ...just great people.....then a group of rich,drunks that got their jeep stuck because they are drunk and don't know how to drive in sand.....threatened to beat up our friends,,,,and that was their women folk!..I hate alcohol sometimes...

Roberto

Alcohol is the fuel that drives the tourist economy here in Penasco. No worry about DUI. One of the hottest topics on the forum was TEQUILA. Plus driving stupid with RAZERs.

Las Conchas HOA has posted signs at the entry that visitors , renters , cannot bring ATVs or side by sides into the development. The main road has become a racetrack , power slides through the curves and high speeds on the straights. Wish they would go play in the sand and stay off the roads. Looking for some of those throw down spike strips.

Last edited:

marybna

At another condo developements I was at, it was not renters that were the problem. It was owners kids. I had a 1 bedroom and the unit above me was a one bedrooom. By noon I knew they were a problems. There must have been 10 or more people in the unit. They were using the restroom in the gym as their 2nd bathroom. By 2 they had moved to the pool. At 4 they all got kicked out because of all the compliants.

Landshark

The first time I took my CJ to the beach it buried itself right after it rolled off the trailer. Lowered the tire pressure to 10 psi and drove off. It stays on top of the sand and goes everywhere I want to go.

jerry

The first time I took my CJ to the beach it buried itself right after it rolled off the trailer. Lowered the tire pressure to 10 psi and drove off. It stays on top of the sand and goes everywhere I want to go.
Friends samurai got stuck too this weekend as he was doing a favor for more clueless ( been there) renters and pulled their way heavier than needed-over inflated tires kayak trail up a loose sand dune...I am an ATV guy so no expert but it seemed it went better in 4wd hi than low....

Vromm

Recently helped a buddy install the new wheels and Mickey Thompson AT tires for his Wrangler TJ. Lowering psi really made a good difference on our sand and dune run.

jerry

When someone gets really stuck in something big we take my friend tank like 1980 Jeep wagoneer and deliberately get it stuck facing the "soon to be a reef " vehicle..Then take a heavy duty come along and ratchet him out as he is in drive.....the Jeep then climbs out on its own because it is awesome.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
My F-250 and sand don't mix. Too big and too heavy.

Makes me miss my old International Scout. That thing was a billy goat and despite burying it on beaches up and down the coast, I was always able to air down the tires and paddle myself up on top of the sand again. Wasn't much on creature comfort, but damn thing would go anywhere. Used to 4x4 over the hills in San Carlos before there was much development and get to the reefs areas you could cast to from shore.

Kick myself in the ass for ever selling it; I had put a lot of effort into restoring it.
scout.jpg

JimMcG

Makes me miss my old International Scout. That thing was a billy goat and despite burying it on beaches up and down the coast, I was always able to air down the tires and paddle myself up on top of the sand again. Wasn't much on creature comfort, but damn thing would go anywhere. Used to 4x4 over the hills in San Carlos before there was much development and get to the reefs areas you could cast to from shore.

Kick myself in the ass for ever selling it; I had put a lot of effort into restoring it.
View attachment 11576

Second chance. https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/d/1967-4wd-international-scout/6305152203.html

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life

View attachment 11576

#MINT