Dying in Mexico ( Rocky Point )

jerry

Well Known Member
The Seri had a ceremony where the remains were taken out in a reed boat ,set aflame and the Humbolt Squid left no remains of the departed

Estero

Well Known Member
The Death Watch actually does what it says it’s going to do. The watch counts down as the seconds pass letting you know how much closer you are to the long sleep. Of course this whole thing is a little morbid until you focus on what it’s reminding you to do. Is spending another Saturday working overtime really more important than playing with your kids? Are you really going to have time later?

http://www.firebox.com/product/6693/Death-Watch?aff=512&awc=550_1410885355_71c422317feaed0d8ba10febe9c555cc&utm_source=AffiliateWindow&utm_medium=Affiliates&utm_content=Skimbit&utm_campaign=TextLink

Landshark

Well Known Member
Everybody that stays at our house in Las Concha takes home a piece of our mom, her husband and two of their dogs as that is where we scattered their ashes before our house was stolen by the ladron, Fco Hernandez. Sweet dreams, all.
So you're saying the house is gone? He stole it & there's nothing else you can do?

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
No, it is still winding its way slower than molasses in January thru the courts but he has had possession of it all this time and renting it out to fund his lawsuit.

Landshark

Well Known Member
I remember the whole story. Unbelievable that something like this could happen. We had some business dealings with him 10 yrs ago and decided to move on as things just didn't seem right. I hope you can stay positive through all this. I can't help but feel it will all work out for you. Sorry for the hijack...

Truck Boss

Well, I was recently unlucky enough to gain some first hand experience with this subject (See Scuba Accident Thread)
All things considered, I don't think things could have gone any better or faster in the US.
My buddy died in a scuba diving accident at approximately noon on Monday, that same night the autopsy was performed and he was embalmed. Tuesday was spent doing paper work and talking to the US Consulate. Wednesday morning he was on his way to the border in Lukeville to meet a hearse from a funeral home in Tucson.
72 hrs. from time of death to being on US soil; including an ambulance ride from Las Conchas beach to Santa Cecelia Mortuary, Autopsy, Embalming and a trip to the border for $1,200 usd.
That could have easily been a $20,000 bill in the states.

concerned

Well, I was recently unlucky enough to gain some first hand experience with this subject (See Scuba Accident Thread)
All things considered, I don't think things could have gone any better or faster in the US.
My buddy died in a scuba diving accident at approximately noon on Monday, that same night the autopsy was performed and he was embalmed. Tuesday was spent doing paper work and talking to the US Consulate. Wednesday morning he was on his way to the border in Lukeville to meet a hearse from a funeral home in Tucson.
72 hrs. from time of death to being on US soil; including an ambulance ride from Las Conchas beach to Santa Cecelia Mortuary, Autopsy, Embalming and a trip to the border for $1,200 usd.
That could have easily been a $20,000 bill in the states.

concerned

A very sad story. I am very sorry for you and your buddy.
If, when you'd care to, you'd choose to relate your feelings about 'buddy diving', I, as a certified diver, would be pleased to share.