Elections

Terry C

RP Fans face book posts
Question
I understand that bars/restaurants can't serve alcohol this upcoming weekend. Is it true that it can't be purchased in stores either? Is there a limit to how many bottles people can bring down from the US?

Answer
It's elections in Mexico this upcoming weekend. Alcohol sales stop on Fri. noon and resume Mon. noon. Stock up.

Terry C

Different answers now;

actually it's from midnight on Fri (all day Sat) through 11:59 p.m. Sunday night (or rather all day Sat & Sunday - June 6th & 7th)

I was down one year during this time. We were at the Ueta and a group of college kids were buying as much beer as they could carry due to the no alcohol sales. So as far as how much can you bring in.....there were 4 of them with 2 cases of beer each

apricot

I was down one year during this time. We were at the Ueta and a group of college kids were buying as much beer as they could carry due to the no alcohol sales. So as far as how much can you bring in.....there were 4 of them with 2 cases of beer each
I wondered about that part of the question. So are they more lenient crossing the border with alcohol this weekend?

I wouldn't say more lenient. That was also back in 2007-08. Don't recall. I really don't what limits are bringing in.

Landshark

I wondered about that part of the question. So are they more lenient crossing the border with alcohol this weekend?
I think the max is 3 L and cant imagine them looking the other way. They want your money, so if you have too much you pay up or go home. They turned us around once and sent us back because they caught my friend with 3 - 30's of beer. He refused to pay, so they made him go back and he GAVE it to the gas station guy at Lukeville!??:confused::confused: Then we crossed again, got searched with lots of dirty looks, and then he stopped at Vasquez and bought a bunch of beer!:confused::confused: Gas station guy was happy...

will be crossing tomorrow about 10am. im more bummed about not being able to get bloody marys for breakfast at la curva than anything. Guess ill load up on beer for the weekend tomorrow. Will get my drinks on Monday morning i guess.

Landshark

Buy the stuff for bloody marys and make your own to take with you to la curva. In an unmarked jug of course...

cwalsh

Bummer! Just found out elections were this weekend too ): we're coming down Friday afternoon. Just to be clear, we should still be able to purchase liquor/beer when we arrive Friday correct?

apricot

This is what RP Dan has to say about it:

ALCOHOL SALES PROHIBITED
JUNE 6 & 7th!

The elections are being held this weekend, therefore alcohol won't be sold in Rocky Point on Saturday & Sunday.

You can bring 3 liters of alcohol, 6 liters of wine across the border and purchase alcohol in Rocky Point on Friday.

No need to panic......I'm sure you will still have a great time while you are here and you just need to plan accordingly!!

AZRob

I was talking with some guys at work this morning. The votes for state Senator I think, went very well more South in Mexico. The cartel's mobs burned the votes in the street and they said this persons going in office and that was that.