Encouraging news on Sea Bass numbers in Mexico

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
So Jerry,

Good story.....................................for a change.

I can remember back in the fifties as a little twerp in Normal Heights, old times San Diego, watching my grandad and two or three of his Portuguese deck hands dragging a six hundred pounder from the back of his pickup up the concrete walk then using a wood block and tackle hoist it up on the roof beam in front of his house. Within minutes the whole neighborhood would be in line as he cut thick steaks from those six foot plus monsters and that paid for the diesel fuel for his jig boat. Other times it would be a Broadbill Swordfish or ten or twenty dozen Albacore.

Don't recall the name change from Black Sea Bass to "Giant Sea Bass". Obviously tied in to evil white folk and race-iz'm. Those fish do happen to be quite black as coal living or dead. White Sea Bass is OK I suppose.

Gone are the days...............

JJ

Maduro steve

Well Known Member
So Jerry,

I can remember back in the fifties as a little twerp in Normal Heights, old times San Diego, watching my grandad and two or three of his Portuguese deck hands dragging a six hundred pounder from the back of his pickup up the concrete walk then using a wood block and tackle hoist it up on the roof beam in front of his house. Within minutes the whole neighborhood would be in line as he cut thick steaks from those six foot plus monsters and that paid for the diesel fuel for his jig boat. Other times it would be a Broadbill Swordfish or ten or twenty dozen Albacore.

Don't recall the name change from Black Sea Bass to "Giant Sea Bass". Obviously tied in to evil white folk and race-iz'm. Those fish do happen to be quite black as coal living or dead. White Sea Bass is OK I suppose.

Back when the tuna fleet moored at the embarcadero . Those were the days .
JJ

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
Grandpa's boat was the Lorraine. We would walk across the street to look at the fantastic murals of early California life on the walls in the City Hall building.

His jig boat was a 46 footer with a 20 foot Swordfish spearing pulpit on the bow that could be deployed in a few minutes when a basking Broad Bill was spotted. He had two outriggers that could load thirty barb-less feather jigs for Albacore on each side.

In those days I would catch Mackerel and Bonitos with a hand line over the side of the boat while docked in the crystal clear waters of San Diego Bay.

Now days that spot is the location of some of the best examples of pure bred jack-ass-ary as anywhere on the planet. To include dumb-assed kids with rubber cutlasses and black eye patches. Not to mention sea water so foul the any fish unlucky enough to end up in it will jump out and die on land rather than burn and decay from the outside in.

Yes, long gone...........

JJ

Old55

Well Known Member
It is good news ....I rented Jerry’s ST house for a few months.....way to hot...wanted my money back and he says tough luck....on brighter side pretty empty down there....

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
So Jerry,

JJ
I thought that the Black Sea Bass are no good to eat, especially the big guys... Correct????

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Well Capones ain't the gold standard so the question is semi irrelevant. A more straight forward yes or no would have been appreciated.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Yes Joe,

They are excellent eating at any size.

JJ
Ok so JJ now I need your advice for other information. Why aren't FMM visas required for Rocky Point travel but if I want to take the boat to SD and head south to fish the Coronado Islands I need an FMM visa for just the day????????? WTF

Second and third question: How/where do I get a TIP? I've read they are good for 10 years??? I need to buy two Mexican fishing licenses, can it be done online or still only in person at the Rocky Point Municipal building?

I also see that we're required to have a passport on board with us in Mexican waters... Is there anything else I need to know before I get boarded and the Mexicans arrest me and confiscate my boat??????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Joe

mondone

Whitecaps
Ok so JJ now I need your advice for other information. Why aren't FMM visas required for Rocky Point travel but if I want to take the boat to SD and head south to fish the Coronado Islands I need an FMM visa for just the day????????? WTF

Second and third question: How/where do I get a TIP? I've read they are good for 10 years??? I need to buy two Mexican fishing licenses, can it be done online or still only in person at the Rocky Point Municipal building?

I also see that we're required to have a passport on board with us in Mexican waters... Is there anything else I need to know before I get boarded and the Mexicans arrest me and confiscate my boat??????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Joe
Joe, I buy my license (yearly) online ----> https://www.sportfishingbcs.gob.mx

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
You can buy a fishing license in Cholla Bay at the Real Estate office next to the store (yellow building). They do not sell them at the Municipal building any more. Also I have posted a picture of a black sea bass I caught down there about 10 years ago.View attachment 17321
Pic is from 10 years ago but information regarding buying license in Cholla Bay is current? Be there this weekend. Looking to buddy boat if anyone is interested.