F=m3

InkaRoads

cronopiador
My understanding is that it is just another application that needs to be filled and given to the inmigration office located in Benito Juarez and they will process it, as we know the price depends on how fast you need it, it should be a painless and simple process, but I am sure that someone else here has already gone thru the steps and will be able to guide better.

Roberto

How hard is it to renew my fm3.Also can I do it or have someone else do it ?Thanks Leigh
Theoretically you can do it yourself, if you are fluent in Spanish. The official who ran immigration for many years was recently replaced and as a result things have changed quite a bit. In the past you just slipped cash across the counter and the FM was processed. Now they are making some attempt to follow the rules so some issues are coming up that never were important in the past. A good friend and abogado just helped me process mine. He joked at the end "Now they will ask for your death certificate and a factura from Coppel for the casket". It took 2 weeks of repeated visits. I'm not sure the front counter man who takes the paperwork can read!

Other than my friend I don't know who to trust to accomplish this. There are several offering the service and they are probably OK, I just have no first hand experience with them.