Facelift for Calle 13

InkaRoads

cronopiador
The plans are to give Calle 13 a facelift as soon as the Malecon is finished, among the changes will be to make it a one way street, all wires, telephone, electric, etc, will go underground, new benches, and planters, fix building fronts and of course new asphalt among other improvements.

So Stuart, it won't be long before you will be able to go down to your favorite taco stand again!!

http://defrente.com.mx/2010/07/remodelacion-de-calle-13-sera-hasta-la-tercera-etapa/

The plans are to give Calle 13 a facelift as soon as the Malecon is finished, among the changes will be to make it a one way street, all wires, telephone, electric, etc, will go underground, new benches, and planters, fix building fronts and of course new asphalt among other improvements.

So Stuart, it won't be long before you will be able to go down to your favorite taco stand again!!

http://defrente.com.mx/2010/07/remodelacion-de-calle-13-sera-hasta-la-tercera-etapa/
Eduardo...that is weird....what street will they use for the other direction (return or exit)????....particularly with the hotel/condos at the end of the street.

WHAT?!?!? Isn't Penasco Del Sol at then end of the street? You must be kidding
how far is the one-way......start to end? that seems crazy

ok......looking at google earth, if they started the one-way just as you arrive at Luis Encinas, then its a one way till you get to Plutarco Elias. Then you will have to turn North and circle back around via 14. But if you continue on 13 it would have to be a two-way, unless the plow through the vacant lot there back up to Plutarco Elias. Hell I'm not qualified to even make that call.........but it sound kind right.
I am rambling.... I only have two more days and I'll be there :cruisin::party::coldone::woo:

Last edited:
Friday 6:00 AM through Sunday 100:pM one way going in
Sunday 1:00 PM lto next Friday 6:00AM lone way going out.
We have another comedian on here......:rofl:

About the only way I could see this working is for them to open the street past the condos into what is now being used as a parking lot. There is a paved roadway back there ( not used for a long time) from before the Plazas Glorias hotel was built and when there was a wooden ramp led down to sandy beach. It could them loop back on Calle 12 up to Luis Encinas.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
The only thing that I could think of to keep it all close by is to also re-do the street one block west, towards the port, Calle 12, it already has asphalt and make that the other way out, since it seems the future plan is to make that hole area better, remember Porto Mio mall is going up at the end of Carranza, it just makes sense to work their way towards it and the malecon entrance.
I heard somewhere that the plan is to make the port nicer and turn it into or part of it into a marina so it seems that that could be the way to go by re-doing all that area between Calle 13 and Porto Mio too.

Last edited:
That whole area behind the naval base is vacant....that's where that old paved road is/was....maybe that's slated for some development?????

Roberto

I've also heard that they have contracted with a whole lot of new ladies to stand around on the remodeled street.