Federales still checking cars heading north

Discussion in 'Border' started by dirtsurfer, Jul 20, 2018.

1. dirtsurfer

dirtsurfer Well-Known Member

I was not selected but there was long line of people waiting for the Federal inspection for people heading north. The inspection is just south of the border. This from a friend who crossed earlier today: "30 minutes wait at Mexican inspection still 20 cars ahead of us before the station then US border with no wait at this pace . Really asinine inspection going out of Mexico"

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  2. Southbeacher

Southbeacher Well-Known Member

It seems that Mexico has the most peculiar way of responding to a resurgence in tourism.

3. brokenwave

brokenwave Well-Known Member

I wonder if they're doing it at other border crossings, Ex. San Luis, Nogales, Tijuana? The answer would possibly help determine what's going on.

audsley likes this.
  4. dirtsurfer

dirtsurfer Well-Known Member

Not sure what the are doing, maybe just giving their guys a job to do. I love the Mexican people but bleed sorrow for their corruption, government and especially their plight with the cartels.

5. Estero

Estero Well-Known Member

No check points in TJ or San Luis or Mexicali when going North. The checkpoint at El Doctor just North of El Golfo has always been there and one Sunday I got stuck in a 2+ hour wait so I try and avoid traveling back on Sundays if I can.

6. brokenwave

brokenwave Well-Known Member

Sounds like Sonoyta must be a hot spot for what ever they are searching cars for.