First Time Visit - Family

R

ricker10

We are coming to Rocky Point for a week after the 4th of July. I have two kids (8 and 6) and we are staying at Las Palomas.

Any suggestions on family friendly dining? I was going to use the old message board to look at the recommendations, but now that all the old posts are gone...I am without all that useful information!

Any other activities that are available?

Restaurants.....La Curva, Rosy's (in town on the road to the condos), Lighthouse, El Capitan....plus many, many more...there's now Subway, Burger King, and Dominos Pizza in town (yuck to all three.....I don't come down to RP to eat there!!!)....and Thrifty Ice Cream....

You can take one of the sunset cruises....but those wind up being "drinking" cruises....might see dolphins

For the kids, try the aquarium (CETMAR) ($2-3 ???/person) on the road to Los Conchas....AND....just exploring the rocks, etc. when the tide goes out will occupy little kids for hours

K

kleist

Dominos? Are you sure? Where is it located? I work as a GM for dominos and that raises a interesting possibility.

kleist said:
Dominos? Are you sure? Where is it located? I work as a GM for dominos and that raises a interesting possibility.
It's on the main drag, Benito Juarez....as you're coming into town....past the first light....in the plaza with the new supermarket/pharmacy.

B

bahiatrader

Allmost all of the restaraunts in Rocky Point serve good food depending on what you're looking for. I like the chile poblano at Regina's, a little place one block above the Malecon. Rosy's has real down-home posole. When my wife and I lived in Mexico, we developed two criteria for restaraunts. They had to look clean and have living patrons. Do a little exploring of your own. I'm sure you'll get good food and have a good time. Say please and thank you a lot and people will respond. It's a friendly town.