fishing report for july 17th and 18th

ReelHard

grouper slayer
Well my mom came down to visit and wanted to go fishing. So we all loaded up and headed for rocky point on friday afternoon. We woke up saturday morning and the wind was blowing pretty hard so we decided to wait till saturday. so i went and gased up the boat and had a few things fixed on the trailer. I also mentioned to miguel that the motor sounded like it had an exhaust leak. so he said he would look at it. i came back to the marina later that afternoon and he told me that the exhaust was fine but had another noise at idle. so he said he would ask his mechanic to take a look at it. I was told that it sounded like a loose wrist pin and that i should not go out on sunday. So now i gotta get that fixed. But this is the only real problem i have had with this boat so i cant complain to much. well needless to say i woke up sunday morning and conditions were perfect. i did not let it get me down i still had a fantastic weekend hanging out with my mom. The boat should be ready by next weekend so grouper beware. Im gonna have to double up to make up for the past weekend.

RIC

Sounds like a good weekend Doug. Even though it is tough to get down there and not get on the water, sometimes it is nice to take a weekend and just kick around a little and relax. Although, it would have taken the sting out of it a little if the wind had been blowing hard Sunday. You know what I always say. If I cant get out....then nobody else should be able to get out either!!:lol:

Ric

www.RICSROCKYPOINTFISHING.COM

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I'm hoping to get the Constancia on the water this coming weekend. Buoyweather has been pretty accurate on the "blow" factor the past several weeks. Let's hope for some decent seas! Sorry to hear about your motor, but if it's just a loose wrist pin (and it hasn't gouged the cylinder wall), should be a fairly easy fix.