Food Distribution

La Esperanza Para Nueva Vida A.C. and AIM, food distribution in Rocky Point 10-16-2010... Children from the US work together with the children of Rocky Point, bagging and distributing food to the less fortunate of Rocky Point...

[video=youtube;E0GqkghKxW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0GqkghKxW4[/video]

Terry C

Well Known Member
Mark, last year we had a great turn out on our Playa Encanto Beans and Rice Food Drive. We hope this year does the same.
Dr. George Stavros (our HOA President in Encanto) holds free clinics each month in the barrio. He is finding many of the people, especially children, are showing signs of malnutrition. We as a community can do something!! Please contribute to our Rice and Beans program.

With more and more people going back to Mexico, the need is ever increasing

^ 5 Mark on your work..

Thank you Terry, I met Dr. Stavros about a year ago... very nice man and great thing he is doing with his clinics... it's great to see how many people and organizations are getting involved in helping out in Rocky Point... Thank You...

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I was so glad to be included in this and to go out in the barrio and meet the families. I will be doing this again.........Thank you, Mark and Barb, for hooking me up!

trade

Chari, it was great to finally meet you, thanks for the help (especially with Blanca's speech!) We had a wonderful weekend with AM food distribution then in the afternoon we had a clothes distribution event and a "blue tarp" event where we give out tarps to people who either have no roofs or the one they have is in bad shape. We finished off the night with a movie and popcorn with a packed house! Mark & Barb thanks for a fun ending to the weekend, please thank Rick for his hospitality.

Last edited:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I was so glad to finally meet you and Kathy, too! Translating that speech was harder than I thought it would be...especially with 60 80 whatever pairs of eyes staring at me! That was the first time for me translating for a crowd. I'll be better prepared next time or less scared at least! LOL!

Chari... I have a video of your translation... and a video of everyone singing Happy Birthday to Harold and Barb...

Last edited:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Why am I not surprised.....LOL! OK, if it gets posted, all you native Spanish Speakers please be kind. It took this burra a long time to learn Spanish and I never spent any length of time in a Spanish Speaking country....It was school, my barrio, the weekends I spent in Rocky Point and the streets.............

Last edited:
B

BeachMom

Mark, since our visit last week and learning of your food distribution, I've gone to Sam's Club a few times (and plan on a few more trips). I have already stockpiled canned tuna, chicken, Ramen noodles, cocktail weiners (who doesn't like cocktail weiners, right?! ;-)), some "essentials" for the ladies :notme:. Let me know if there are any other things I could pick up that are needed.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Angela,
We were just talking on Sat. about making "ladies bags" to distribute. Soap, shampoo, lotion, a candle, razors, unmentionables, etc. That's great that you started this......Barb, can you chime in here......Hope I get to see you, Angela, when we are not drinking and singing at Boobar........It was fun but not conducive to getting to know each other.......... Thanks for helping. I hope you can come to distribution day......Bring Kleenex! I can't wait!!!!!!

Oh, I have a recipe for cheese sauce for the cocktail weiners that you will love..... Mushroom soup, green chiles and velveeta....Yum! Heart attack on a plate!

Last edited:

trade

Why am I not surprised.....LOL! OK, if it gets posted, all you native Spanish Speakers please be kind. It took this burra a long time to learn Spanish and I never spent any length of time in a Spanish Speaking country....It was school, my barrio, the weekends I spent in Rocky Point and the streets.............
Chari you did great! Sorry about springing that on you. If they spoke to Blanca they would understand, she is very educated and loves the grandes palabras:) She is a amazing person and our dearest friend.

Mark, since our visit last week and learning of your food distribution, I've gone to Sam's Club a few times (and plan on a few more trips). I have already stockpiled canned tuna, chicken, Ramen noodles, cocktail weiners (who doesn't like cocktail weiners, right?! ;-)), some "essentials" for the ladies :notme:. Let me know if there are any other things I could pick up that are needed.
Thank you Angela... we really appreciate all your help and had a fun time with you and the Lambcrew last week... as Chari stated the essentials for the women are a great help as well...

Barb and our friend Heidi have been doing shopping sprees when Heidi and her friends visit and purchase those essentials as well as disposable diapers, condensed milk, cereal and they put together "mothers bags" so if you find a bargain on pampers they would be a help... and Thanks again for everything...

Chari... Barb is unable to "chime in" at the moment, as she is up at Art Sloanes house visiting and getting things in order so we can handle his side of the bus tours and leave him to do more delegating and less of the load for the trips to benefit the veterans...

This is all great News... Thanks All...

B

BeachMom

Angela,
We were just talking on Sat. about making "ladies bags" to distribute. Soap, shampoo, lotion, a candle, razors, unmentionables, etc. That's great that you started this......Barb, can you chime in here......Hope I get to see you, Angela, when we are not drinking and singing at Boobar........It was fun but not conducive to getting to know each other.......... Thanks for helping. I hope you can come to distribution day......Bring Kleenex! I can't wait!!!!!!

Oh, I have a recipe for cheese sauce for the cocktail weiners that you will love..... Mushroom soup, mushrooms and velveeta....Yum! Heart attack on a plate!
Boy! Great minds think alike! On our drive home I started thinking about the ladies (and moms) and tried to come up with basic items that they could really use. Viola! Unmentionables! :oops: I thought baby wipes would come in handy too.

You make the cheese dip (and bring kleenex), I'll bring the cocktail wieners and we'll all sit and enjoy! lol

Yeah... Boobar is awesome, but hard to carry on a constructive conversation. It makes it especially hard when I had two groups of folks I wanted to talk to on each side of the bar! There is always next time.... Thanksgiving!! Wooo hoo!!!

Mark - I'm having fun with this and am happy that we are in a position to help. I have the utmost respect for you and Barb! I also love the fact that I can help those, less fortunate, of the place I consider my second home. xo

Thanks to BIG MAC who made another very generous cash donation during the Rocky Point Rally... he told me to split it up between our Adopt-A-Classroom and La Esperanza Para Nueva Vida A.C.

With the half for La Esperanza Para Nueva Vida A.C. Harold a.k.a. "trade" brought down 7 cases of tuna for the food distribution from the community center... the other half of the donation will be used to purchase gifts for when Santa visits La Montana school this Christmas...

BIG MAC Thank You once again for all your help...

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Angela,

Oh, I have a recipe for cheese sauce for the cocktail weiners that you will love..... Mushroom soup, green chiles and velveeta....Yum! Heart attack on a plate!
Chari....some info....Sam's Club was carrying the little smokies (weiners) again last week....hadn't seen them there for months!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Joe,
I let my Sam's club membership lapse since they closed my Sam's over here in the hood. Now I go to Costco on 44th/Thomas.......