For Sale: Great Rocky Point boat (fishing/diving/cruising)

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
For Sale: 1977 Skipjack 20 Open with forward Cuddy Cabin.

*** Must Sell! I have already purchased my new boat! ***

Special Price for AZ and RockyPoint locals-
$9900 OBO for everything listed below. Be sure to check out the pics in my photobucket album- This boat is LOADED.

This boat has been amazingly well preserved and maintained- The perfect trailer boat for Mexico, Lake Powell, or the local phoenix area lakes. I've towed this boat to Rocky Point and back 5 times in the past year without any issues.

I am only the 3rd owner and I know the boat's entire ownership history. Totally turn-key. Everything works and all maintenance is up-to-date.

Powertrain:
The engine is a VERY low hour (< 200) Panther Marine 350 Vortec Chevrolet rated at 300 horsepower- This engine is so clean you could eat sushi off of it. Everything (all rubber and accessories) were replaced during the professionally performed repower- no corners cut, no expenses spared.
The sterndrive is a Volvo Penta 280 that was also overhauled (new rubber and seals) when the engine was redone. Includes 3 props for the boat- one 15x15, one 15x17, and one 15x19.
The 65 gallon fuel tank is all aluminum and corrosion free. My best burn rate has been 4GPH on flat water with the 15x17 prop cruising 26 knots. Total range is 180-200 miles on a tank.

Dual batteries with isolator switch

Total tow weight of the boat (loaded and gassed) and the trailer is approx 4700 pounds.

Features:
The upholsery is in fantastic condition- see the pics.
Very clean Cuddy interior with porta-potti.
Folding Bikini top, with snap on clear plastic wheelhouse enclosure panels for when the weather turns sour.
Full snap on mooring cover.
Updated Helm station with swivel offshore Captain's chair and stainless steel wheel with suicide knob.
Large teak swim step.
Bennet Hydraulic trim tabs- brand new o-Rings in both cylinders, and system flushed and new fluid.
Anchor, rope (350 feet+), and dock bumpers included.

The trailer has 4 BRAND NEW (June2010) tires and is in great shape, minor rust spots here and there, but still very solid- wheel bearings and surge brakes were just serviced- good for another year of open road towing. Includes 2 spares.

The boat is perfectly set up for fishing:
- 13 inboard rod holders, and 6 gunwale rod holders.
- Full marine electronics including VHF radio and a combo GPS plotter/Fishfinder with dual frequency transducer.
- Hang on back bait bag.
- Brand new Jabsco 60psi raw water washdown/bait pump.
- 15hp 4stroke Honda long shaft trolling/kicker engine on dropper bracket (includes shoreside kicker motor cart). The kicker has it's own fuel line off the main tank, and it also has an EZ-Steer rod that connects it to the sterndrive so it can be steered from the helm.
- Custom tackle box platform that sits on top of the engine cover and does double duty as a fish cleaning board.
- Large in-deck storage/fish box.
- Large 80 quart Cooler with padded seat top in the Passenger seating position.
- Two folding aluminum deck chairs

Tons of detail pics on Photobucket:

http://s990.photobucket.com/albums/af30/moore_rb/

PM or email me for my contact info or to arrange a water trial.

7184.jpg7182.jpg7187.jpgIMG_5589.jpg

Last edited:

Kenny

That's one of the best "crate" engines out there, and they make them for a lot of different applications, and with higher H.P, not just for marine use; but they are built specifically for applications where emission devices are not used, if you get the my drift. A great engine, and the boats nice too!

Last edited:

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Sale Pending...

{fingers crossed}

And yes, Tyler- I've had it on Craigslist locally and in SoCal for a few months now

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Sold-

SOLD SOLDSOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Boat was delivered to it's new home in Dana Point Harbor.

yay.

Last edited:
Congrats....things are tough out there...I had my jetskis for sale for a few months....and was getting offers of half what they are worth....so decided to keep them. Before I give them away, they'll go to my daughter and her husband....

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Thanks!

I had lots of interest from people that "needed to raise the cash", and lots of low-ball offers, but I held out and finally I got what I thought the boat was worth, and the new owner is someone who appreciated the condition it's in and will continue to take good care of it.