For Sale: My Boat!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I post this with mixed emotions. They say the two happiest days in a boat owner's life are the day he buys it and the day he sells it. The first? Definitely true, but I'm not so sure about the second. But, it's time for me to sell it. I do plan on buying another to replace it at some point in the future. Something a bit smaller and easier to tow back and forth, probably a center console specific to fishing.

Anyway, here's the basics:
  • 2002 28 ft. ProKat (model 2860WA)
  • Twin 2002 Yamaha 225 four-stroke motors, approx. 650 hours on each
  • Dual fuel tanks (one for each motor) for a total of 230 gallons
  • Decent electronics (VHF, Standard Horizon CP1000 GPS/Chart, Furuno sonar/fishfinder, stereo)
  • Cabin with electric toilet, sinks, dual bunks, AC (while on shore power, no genset)
  • Custom T-top with fresh canvas, rocket launchers, cockpit and motor covers
  • Bait tank
  • Taco outriggers
  • Electric anchor winch, 500 ft. of anchor rode
  • Raw water washdown, fresh water 40 gallons
  • Triple axle aluminum trailer
  • Lots... of other... stuff.
Overall, the boat is in good shape, runs well, and I've personally maintained it. It's fast and it knows how to catch fish in Rocky Point. It has the range to make longer trips out to the deep reefs and get you home safely. It has always been stored on the trailer, never in the water, other than for a day or two while in use. Like any boat, there are a couple of minor things/cosmetics that could use some tender loving care or repair, but nothing that affects safe operation.

The boat is currently stored in Rocky Point and I'd be happy to sea trial with anyone who is seriously interested in buying it. Plus, I offer my services to help you learn to operate it correctly (it's a cat and setting it up for the best ride and MPG takes learning) and how to best fish with it to the buyer.

New in 2002 this boat coast over $130,000. Can be yours for $38,000. Contact me here if you're interested. I do have some various pictures of it or can arrange to meet you if you'd like to see it in person.

Thanks,
Stuart