Forum Moderation

YumaJames

In my opinion anyone who's been watching this forum for any length of time I'm sure has seen how participation has dropped a lot and the quality of the forum has really decreased. Just look at the postings the last few days. I follow a couple of different other forums, and they have strict guidelines, are heavily moderated, clean, and their participation keeps growing.

I know, if I don't like it, leave. Which is what I, and a lot of other people have done. There's no harm in people discussing their differences in opinions, that's what forums are for, but remain civil and respectful.

So here's a strong message to the moderators of this forum: Its time to clean it up. Make the forum enjoyable for everyone.

Last edited:

TICO-T

In my opinion anyone who's been watching this forum for any length of time I'm sure has seen how participation has dropped a lot and the quality of the forum has really decreased. Just look at the postings the last few days. I follow a couple of different other forums, and they have strict guidelines, are heavily moderated, clean, and their participation keeps growing.

I know, if I don't like it, leave. Which is what I, and a lot of other people have done. There's no harm in people discussing their differences in opinions, that's what forums are for, but remain civil and respectful.

So here's a strong message to the moderators of this forum: Its time to clean it up. Make the forum enjoyable for everyone.
Coming from you this is incredible Maybe you are bipolar? Nevertheless I agee with you

Well duh....That's a great idea. Well done Yuma. I agree.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Well, isn't that special? Call out the Mods because 90% of the world went to Facebook a couple of years ago.

You want me to beg them to come back?

You want me to ban the remaining village idiots?

I can do that. But, I don't honestly believe it's a magic pill that is going to bring one soul back here. Wish it would. Social media and its instant look at me gratification has killed many more forums than this one. The core group that still inhabits this place knows who's who.

As long as they aren't beating each other with their purses behind Gau Gau, I tend to let things slide. Some of it is good, some of it is bad and when somebody steps way out of line, I have no issue with putting them in time out for a bit

That said, I do read everything that is posted here. Some recent dental threads were deleted because of a one horse agenda.

Another member was warned today he had no value add to the conversation. Next step is a ride on the short bus to Banned Camp for awhile.

So while I understand your suggestion of "clean it up," Rocky Point ain't always a pretty place. Both sides have a story to tell. If you want the censored chamber of commerce tourist version, Facebook is the place for you. Some of them will kick you to the curb for even implying cops are crooked and crackheads are breaking into houses. Sorry, I don't do that here.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Stuart i think you are doing a fine job.. (oh wait, is this boosterism?) whatever,

Everything is a fine line, everything is a lot of work. people who complain about things that don't really impact them just have too much time on their hands.

On the news about Rocky Point....I love this place. It has warts and it has bad stuff, but on the whole it is a wonderful place to live. I kind of feel like if it wasn't attractive to so many people then it would have no controversy at all. Bring it on negatives......

Kelney

I did not realize there was anything wrong with the forum. What is there to clean up? I may not see eye to eye with people on all topics but how boring would this place be if all we talked about is "Where's the best place for Mexican food?" and we all agreed it was la Curva. I appreciate peoples opinions even if they may be out in left field. I just wish there were a few more fishing reports!

YumaJames

Here's my point. As a recent example, read the thread "Hoolaaa anyone there" and in my opinion parts of that thread absolutely do not belong on a public forum. I'm not here to trash you Stuart, am just providing constructive criticism with positive intentions of making this forum a better place for all.

jerry

Here's my point. As a recent example, read the thread "Hoolaaa anyone there" and in my opinion parts of that thread absolutely do not belong on a public forum. I'm not here to trash you Stuart, am just providing constructive criticism with positive intentions of making this forum a better place for all.
Yuma holds a grudge because he ventured in the deeper waters of the political/Mexican crime threads and found out fast just listening to right wing talk radio and repeating those lazy/false memes didn't cut it....but his fishing/travel stuff is great...man needs to know his limitations as Clint said...

Kelney

I just took that thread as Tico and Jim having a spat. If I got offended by people hashing it out on the internet than I would need to just give it up. I find it entertaining actually as long as it does not continue on each and every topic.

jerry

Jj adds to the forum immensely with his travels in the natural world posts...now his people skills rank right up there with Saddam but oh well..He does deserve to get his ass kicked by the South American dude...who is also a valuable member..

TICO-T

Jj adds to the forum immensely with his travels in the natural world posts...now his people skills rank right up there with Saddam but oh well..He does deserve to get his ass kicked by the South American dude...who is also a valuable member..
Who is the "South American Dude"?

TICO-T

I have been to Costa Rica many times and lived there for 4 years. However I was born and raised in Chicago, graduated from Loyola University.
I am a third generation American . Can you get that Jungle Rot?

My my Tico...........

Anger issues much? There must be a liquor store nearby. My advise is GO THERE and get a really big jug. Then go home and freaking CHILL OUT!

JJ

TICO-T

My my Tico...........

Anger issues much? There must be a liquor store nearby. My advise is GO THERE and get a really big jug. Then go home and freaking CHILL OUT!

JJ
Jungle Rot,

I am not angry at anyone. I am simply trying to educate you on the difference between an American citizen and Costa Rican citizen. You are tough to educate.Be a good old 68 year fellow and concern yourself with Willys Jeep Parts instead of my citizenship. ASSHOLE!