Four Dead Bodies

Smilin' Jack

Well Known Member
Heading north to the border from Penasco this afternoon on Highway 8. At approximately 2PM, at kilometer post 35, my wife and I noticed what appeared to be some clothing dumped on the right (east) side of the highway. My wife commented that she thought she saw a man laying there, but didn't think that the person was sleeping. We continued heading north, and flagged down a pickup truck of Sonoyta Municipal Police heading south. They were responding to a report of bodies spotted along the highway. My wife rode with the officer and directed him to the location of what we saw. Turned out to be four male bodies dumped approximately 20 feet east of the highway, in plain view. Pretty soon the area was swamped with Sonoyta Municipal Police, State Judicial Police, and a PEI helicopter. However, no Mexican Federal Police any where in site.

After taking info from my wife, we were sent on our way. Interesting, that when we arrived at the border, there were no previous reports made to USBCI. A pretty brazen event, dumping bodies in plain view along the highway in the middle of the day. A strong message to someone. A very nauseating ending to several very happy days spent with friends and relatives in Penasco.

ernesto

Well Known Member
I talked to a fireman in Sonoyta on the way out this afternoon, he said the 4 were narco guys from Sonoyta, He said it seemed as though they weren't getting along with the guys that shot them.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I didn't see any bodies coming up the road Sunday morning. In fact, didn't see much of anything or anybody -- got passed by maybe two cars the whole trip north (I was towing my boat home). Did see a helicopter flying along the road outside Sonoyta as I approached town, which I thought was odd. They were just off the highway and flying very low, like they were looking for something and heading south.

Roberto

Well Known Member
These guys who were shot were trying to protect the interest of one party in a property dispute between an owner and two different parties who apparently loaned the owner money. They were on the property and refused to leave. It's been a problem for some time. The property is for sale !!

Smilin' Jack

Well Known Member
Stuart - The bodies were spotted on the east side of the highway 2PM Saturday. It is unlikely that they would be left there until Sunday. Their beard growth suggested that they were held captive for several days, tortured, executed in another location, and their bodies dumped along the east side of the highway. Seems pretty severe for a "land dispute".

Roberto

Well Known Member
"Their beard growth suggested that they were held captive for several days, tortured, executed in another location, and their bodies dumped along the east side of the highway."

Wow, you sure got a lot out of the observation of beard growth.

Well, when you borrow a large amount of money against a property from party A then borrow more from party B and neither party is aware of the involvement of the other and both parties don't like official involvement in their business, and you can't pay either party, things can get pretty hairy. This is not an 875 M2 lot in town.

Senor Pescado

Well Known Member
When I drove down on Friday - as I left Sonoyta - I got stuck behind 3 Sonoyta Municipal Trucks driving in a caravan by the dump and driving at 15mph - they were scanning both sides of the highway - it was quite frustrating actually since i didn't want to pass - they finally pulled to the side and let me pass before resuming whatever they were doing. Drove back on Sunday morning - very uneventful as usual.

M

makettle

Been checking online, TV news, Phx. paper, etc. I couldn't find anything. Anyone else see or hear news from outside RP?

Smilin' Jack

Well Known Member
chubasco - Interesting. Several errors in the article. The bodies were dumped at the 35 km marker post, NOT 28km. The bodies were in plain view of traffic on the highway, being approximately 20 feet east of the edge of the highway, NOT 20 meters. The bodies were not decomposed. The bodies were not covered with blankets, there was some clothing strewn about, possibly covering a fifth body. When we left the scene, only four bodies were observed without the scene being disturbed.

playaperro

El Pirata
They identify to one of the five executed in the carrtera Rocky crag Tuesday, the 14 of December of 2010 09:27 Alberto Siles Lopez Sonoyta The General Office of the judge advocate general of Justice identified to one of the five executed located to a side of the Rocky crag highway, with the name of Paulo Osorio Payán, 21 years The five corpses were found each with impact of bullet in the head the past Sunday next to the wagon Sonoyta-Port Rocky crag. According to information of the General Office of the judge advocate general of Justice of Estado (PGJE), the first identified victim was original of Badiraguato, Sinaloa, but with present address in Culiacán. The spokesman of the State Office of the public prosecutor, Jose Larrinaga Talamantes, informed that when obtaining the identity of Paulo Osorio Payán by means of its digital tracks, notified of the decease its relatives so that they went to identify it. “They confirmed that she is the same person; they identified it and in his declarations they declared that he frequented people involved with the organized crime”, said the civil servant. Along with the corpse of Paulo Osorio Payán hours were found other four bodies the past Sunday to the 14:40, to about 20 meters of distance of the wagon section Sonoyta-Port Rocky crag, around kilometer 36. Larrinaga Talamantes abounded that the identification of the assassinated ones is had to them complicated to the experts of the PGJE, because apparently they are not original of Sonant and it is not counted on his personal data.

happygirl

so two different incidents? first 5 bodies...second 4 bodies...am i reading that right?

if so, sure hate the increase we have heard about over the last month or two...3 girls found outside of town on beach (encanto I think) and guy down by dunes.....

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I didn't hear about the girls on the beach or the guy by the dunes.....Post up your source please.

playaperro

El Pirata
Mueren dos personas en la Cholla

Domingo, 12 de Diciembre de 2010 23:31 Ramón Contreras Ramos / Luis Javier Paredes Espinoza Puerto Peñasco

Usar puntuación:
/ 1
MaloBueno

El saldo de dos personas fallecidas dejó un lamentable accidente en el área de la Cholla conocida como La Loma, en hechos registrados el día de hoy –domingo 12 de diciembre-.

Al parecer la falta de pericia en las maniobras que estaban llevando a cabo los dos tripulantes de un automotor de los conocidos como buggies, fue la causa de que uno de ellos dejara de existir en el lugar de los hechos y el otro perdiera la vida poco después en la clínica San José donde se hicieron todos los intentos por salvarlo, el cual respondía al nombre de Juan Ramón Escandón González, originario de la ciudad de Agua Prieta.

La persona que perdió la vida en el lugar del accidente respondía al nombre de Sergio Ignacio Carrasco Ortíz y era originario del Estado de Chihuahua.
Ambas personas tenían aproximadamente entre 33 y 35 años.

El trágico accidente se registró poco después de las 10 de la noche y de inmediato se presentaron al lugar la policía municipal, Cruza Roja, Bomberos y cuerpo de rescate.

Acudió al lugar de los hechos personal de servicios de periciales quien ordenó el levantamiento del cuerpo para realizar las diligencias de ley.