Free Shrimp & Crab Diner

I'll show you where they are you need to catch 'em and cook 'em yourself...

click the fish--> :fish:

thanks for watching

this is my first attempt at night video... hopefully I will get better with time and real equiptment... my underwater videos are shot with an underwater digital still camera... using the video setting

Last edited:
P

Penasco Pirate

I want to go out with you sometime! A couple of those rays looked pretty big!:-o

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Just saying... isn't it illegal for us gringos to take any type of shellfish? I suppose if you eat the evidence, who's gonna know?

Cool video. I think I'd make some kind of spearing contraption, like a frog gig. Or perhaps a suck-gun. No way I'd want to be reaching around in the those rocks at night. Ever see any moray eels?

Just saying... isn't it illegal for us gringos to take any type of shellfish? I suppose if you eat the evidence, who's gonna know?

Cool video. I think I'd make some kind of spearing contraption, like a frog gig. Or perhaps a suck-gun. No way I'd want to be reaching around in the those rocks at night. Ever see any moray eels?
thanks Stuart... yep I take them in the dark and destroy (eat) the evidence as fast as possible...

I have seen snake eels no morays... and have seen three sharks (lemon, pacific sharpnose, and a small mako) along the malecon and at the mouth of the port...

I'm more affraid of sitting down on a sculpin a.k.a. stone scorpionfish... they blend in with the bottom so well that you usually can't see them until it's too late... their dorsil spines are highly venomous... I've seen a friend get stung on the hand and in just a few minutes his hand swelled to almost 3 times it size... OUCH!!!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

The narcos should use these instead of guns. Terrifying. I nearly stepped on a huge, true stonefish in San Carlos while snorkeling. My son saw it move as we were stepping up on a rock beach and grabbed my arm. It was in about three feet of water and blended in so well, I never would of noticed it.

Attachments

How deep do you dive??
I used to have an underwater "bag" for my camera but never used it,,,too scared!
I mostly freedive or breath hold dive these days, and do it at low tide to see what would be usually 30 to 40 feet at high tide but I'm only diving 10 to 20 feet...

Although I have done breath hold dives to over 60 feet for over a minute... (spearfishing)

scuba diving I have gone over 100 feet but would rather shallow dive and see more critters... I am certified rescue and dive master

camera bags are usually only good for about 10 feet, and then the water pressure is to strong for the return spring on the shutter button of most cameras... my camera is rated for 200 feet

we are getting ready to dive again tonite... but this time we are taking a portable pool light so this may be a bit more interesting... :geek: <-- that's closest smiley to a buzo...

That's fantastic...I've only snorkeled,but with the water down there, you can still see quite a bit.
Good luck tonite. Hope the pool lite works well. Look forward to the video!!