From the friendly folks at Las Palomas via craigslist

jerry

Well Known Member
RENTAL WARNING!! ( IF YOURE PAYING THE OWNER DIRECTLY BEWARE !! )

Know the facts before you illegally rent at Las Palomas. Las Palomas has strict rental rules that are enforced.

RENT ILLEGALLY & GET STUNG.....If your renting direct from the owner & paying the owner direct just understand this. You are taking a big risk. Do they really own a unit? Is the unit as they describe? You will have to pay Las Palomas an extra $25 per person + $5 each day per person for wrist bands. The unit will not be on the Las Palomas rental pool which also means that while your renting if something breaks in the unit ( ex a/c, fridge, TV, etc ) Las Palomas maintenance will NOT come & fix it for you. You will be stuck hoping you can get a hold of this owner in a different country. You also won't be able to transfer to another unit, etc. The unit also will NOT have been inspected by LP to meet it's rental requirements. Also your maid service will not be included. Items may not work in the unit as they are often broken & not fixed by the owner. Many times the owner won't even know if something is broken in their unit. You will also have to pretend you are not renting the unit & risk LP finding out that you are.

OR RENT THE SAFE LEGAL WAY W/ GUARANTEE'S & HAVE ALL SERVICES PROVIDED... Get the great owner's discounted price by talking w/ the owner who's INSPECTED unit is on the LP rental pool & professionally managed by LP, THEN you can pay the resort directly w/ all the normal cancellation and maintenance guarantee's & know that you are checking into an inspected, clean & qualified condo. You can check in at the front desk as normal, recieve all wrist bands, maid service, towell service, use of all amenities, etc free..If anything breaks it will be fixed promptly by LP maintenance or LP will promptly move you to another unit. Las Palomas rental pool units are regularly inspected by LP & meet certain requirements. You won't have to worry about a thing & you can just enjoy your vacation.

THE 2010 LEGAL LAS PALOMAS OWNER DISCOUNTED MINIMUM ALLOWED RATES ARE....( OCEAN FRONT ) 1bd $135..... 2 bedroom $185.... 3bd $250 OR
( OCEAN VIEW ) 1 bd $120..... .2 bedroom $160 ....... 3bd $215

UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OCEAN FRONT & OCEAN VIEW. Ocean FRONT is the building that is on the beach and closer to the water than the other buildings which offeres better views, you can hear the waves, able to see down the beach, no building's infront of you etc. ...... Ocean VIEW is the farther back building's that limit your overall view & view of the beach, longer walk to the beach, building's on all sides of you including partially infront of you, etc.

OUR ADVICE TO YOU.... ( do not pay the owner directly ).. CORRECT way is to contact the owner for the discount THEN pay the resort ) don't risk your vacation trying to save a couple of bucks a night. If the price you see is lower than anyone else's or is lower than the above mentioned minimums, BEWARE your dealing w/ a shady owner knowingly breaking the rules & putting you at risk, etc..

puerto penasco legal front desk rules requirements allowed puertopenasco penassco rockypoint pointe palommas pallomas law hoa security las pallomas palommas palomass sonora beach and golf resort

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
So....do owners also have to wrist bands?

And how do people work it when they have friends/relatives staying when the owner is not actually there????

dwig222

Well Known Member
Las Palmas is so overpriced. If you look for RP rentals on the internet, they are mostly Las Palmas because they can't rent directly and they have to charge what the resort sets as "fair", but it's not. Between the economy and the media reports about RP there are fewer people going down so the condo owners are renting their units for a lot less. If you want to rent a condo, contact the owner directly if you want a good deal. We've been doing it for years and have never paid the resort directly. We get a wristband where we rent and the owner pays the one time maid service. $185 for a two bedroom is overpriced especially when you have to pay the cleaning fee and deposits! - we don't even pay half of that for a waterfront condo.

waterkids

Is this Las Palmas or Las Palomas? Rockyptjoe, no owners do not have to have wrist bands but we have i.d. tags we carry. If our friends or family go there they do have to pay 25 dollars for a wrist band. We are not in the rental pool though. We bought just for our family to enjoy.

Last edited:

dwig222

Well Known Member
It's Las Palomas. They are not allowed to rent privately to anyone. I feel bad for people who bought there because their hands are tied by the resort and they have to charge so much more than the going rate in RP. Las Palmas allows the owners to rent privately. You can get a 2bdrm condo for less than $100 a night at Las Palmas by going directly to the owner. Even the nicer hotels are much cheaper than what Las Palomas requires.

waterkids

The original post was confusing as it was throwing out both names. Thanks.

This is one reason we did not buy to rent out. Of course this is bad for all of us who own.

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata
Jerry how you doing on your rentals out in Santo Tomas..Do you have Wrist Bands..

Last edited:

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Is this Las Palmas or Las Palomas? Rockyptjoe, no owners do not have to have wrist bands but we have i.d. tags we carry. If our friends or family go there they do have to pay 25 dollars for a wrist band. We are not in the rental pool though. We bought just for our family to enjoy.
That is ridiculous...you pay a maintenance fee regardless if you use the place or not, and still have to pay a wristband fee for family/friends???? How many I.D. tags do you get?

waterkids

We have I.D. tags for my immediate family, my parents too. I don't mind the wrist band charge, they were having a huge problem with people coming into the pool area who were not staying there. If our friends go down
and stay out our place then heck they can pay 25 dollars. Like I said we don't rent so that's pretty cheap:)

Jim

Well Known Member
Hey, I'm guilty of trespassing. I take my family to many resorts without permission. I don't feel guilty as we always spend lots of $$$ on drinks and food.

waterkids

Well that's great. You are paying for food, drinks etc. Are you also paying for the upkeep of the grounds, pool maintenance etc??? We are. Every month.

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Well that's great. You are paying for food, drinks etc. Are you also paying for the upkeep of the grounds, pool maintenance etc??? We are. Every month.
You are already paying a monthly charge for the common areas.....and you still think it's right that a guest of yours, regardless if they are staying at your condo, or not, still has to pay for a wristband???? Hey, I've got a vehicle that you can lease from me....but any passengers other then your immediate family has to pay a daily charge to get in the vehicle!!!!

jerry

Well Known Member
Jerry how you doing on your rentals out in Santo Tomas..Do you have Wrist Bands..
Thanks for asking perro.I do have wristbands (made from the dead whale 1 mile south) and I would be completely screwed if I couldn't rent it out myself.My property tax costs 350 bucks a year,drinkable water, consistent electric power,garbage,trash,great security and emergency maintenance totals another1000 a year...it all adds up.Hey how about your desal plant? what's up with that?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/corvid/sets/72157594375542629/

jerry

Well Known Member
Waterkids: that big boy sized BabyRuth in the pool.....don'i touch it!

Eric

waterkids is exactly right....you have to understand that Las Palomas has to do what it does because of its size & what they offer...hundreds of people were sneaking in daily who wernt staying there & overcrowding the pools / hot tubs / water slides etc without paying. You have to remember that Palomas has 10 pools, 4 hot tubs, 2 lazy rivers, 1 water slide, gym, kids club, golf course, etc etc ..The other resorts offer typically 1 pool & 1 hot tub. So no other resort has this problem.
So ofcoarse Palomas owners have a HOA fee higher than most resorts ( all these amenities cost a lot of money to maintain & build )...SO you can only imagine the LP owners do not want to have a ton of people who snuck in overcrowding the pools etc who arent supposed to be there.
Immediate owners & family dont pay a wrist band fee but if a friend of a owner who gets to stay for FREE at a posh LP condo via the owner...do you really think they are gonna care about paying a wrist band fee giving them access to millions of dollars in amenities....of coarse not their staying for free...
If someone doesnt want to pay a wrist band fee then don't sneak in & try to use the pools / hot tubs etc..Purchase or legally RENT a condo there. By the way If you go & just eat or drink at the interior restaurant/bar's there you dont have to pay a wrist band fee. BUT If your using the pools etc or just hanging out by the pools , drinking etc your gonna have to pay the wrist band fee..
The reason Palomas doesnt allow private rentals is because some owners were renting thier condos for ridiculous amounts like $49 a night and the riff raff factor was out of control. LP has a huge rental management staff, concierge, room service, guest service, maid service, towell service etc etc that it has to pay for via their part in the rental process....
99% of the Las Palomas owners are very happy w/ these rules...

Kenny

Well Known Member
The reason Palomas doesnt allow private rentals is because some owners were renting thier condos for ridiculous amounts like $49 a night and the riff raff factor was out of control.
So how much do you think it cost's each owner to keep the "riff raff factor" out of the pool each year? I know it's impossible to figure how much loss a responsible owner could lose by not being allowed to rent their own property, but go ahead, give it a go.

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Eric....the human mind is capable of rationalizing anything....including getting screwed even though you own the condo!!!

Where's Happy when we actually need him???