Furniture for Sale

Kiter

Hope this belongs here -

FOR SALE! Dining Room table, matching mirror, table behind couch, coffee table, corner table, & baker's rack. All for $400. We will be done this coming weekend (arriving late 7/7, leaving midafternoon 7/9). If interested, text me at 602-859-9406. Located in Playa la Jolla.

Attachments

Kiter

I believe you are correct. Purchased home furnished in traditional and my wife and I are converting to modern.

Kiter

Mondone - thanks for the reply. I went to CFE and asked for a bi-directional meter. They said they would come by and call me on a Wednesday. I never heard anything from them. I don't suspect they could put one on without me being there. Anyway, in the year I've owned the place, I'll bet my total electrical bill cannot be $500. Heck my water costs me three or four times what my electricity costs. My main goal on trying to get rid of it was to give me a clean roof with fewer potential water leaks.

mondone

Whitecaps
Mondone - thanks for the reply. I went to CFE and asked for a bi-directional meter. They said they would come by and call me on a Wednesday. I never heard anything from them. I don't suspect they could put one on without me being there. Anyway, in the year I've owned the place, I'll bet my total electrical bill cannot be $500. Heck my water costs me three or four times what my electricity costs. My main goal on trying to get rid of it was to give me a clean roof with fewer potential water leaks.
Not quite as easy as that. First, your inverter has to be capable to sell back to the grid. or at least have ability to upgrade it by adding a circuit board made to sell back to the grid (that's what I did). In addition, you need a sufficient amount of panels ( don't ask me what the minimum is) , I happened to have inherited 14 when I bought my place, so that was not an issue. Also, you need a minimum of 4 batteries in good charge condition. I had 20 crappy ones that I took out and sold and installed 4 fresh new ones. Then if that is all in place, you need to formally apply to CFE which requires documentation of your systems ( manuf. manuals/specs) and photos of all the equipment and panels, along with calculations of what your system puts out (Gary Koehler, of Sonora Solar is the guy who installed the board and assisted me with all this). Once approved by CFE, they send a truck out to swap the meter with a bi-directional one. I wasn't a big user of power either, but I do intend to live there eventually full-time or close to full-time, so I figured with what I had available it was worth doing now. Just for comparison my FEB 16 bill was $1,575 pre-selling back and FEB 17 was $355 with selling back.

Kiter

Mondone - sorry for the delayed response. We were down at PLJ this weekend and our internet was a bit problematic. Please tell me the figures you are quoting above are in pesos. Also, what did Gary Koehler charge for all of his set up? I am strongly considering your recommendation, but I'll still get rid of the generator.

mondone

Whitecaps
Mondone - sorry for the delayed response. We were down at PLJ this weekend and our internet was a bit problematic. Please tell me the figures you are quoting above are in pesos. Also, what did Gary Koehler charge for all of his set up? I am strongly considering your recommendation, but I'll still get rid of the generator.
Absolutely pesos. It was about $1800 US for the circuit board and installation, but I also needed to replace the batteries with 4 new ones along with all new cables. He also built a wooden plank shelf with concrete block feet to raise the batteries off the floor several inches. Nice clean installation all in all. I did in fact keep my generator tied in also, no reason not to in my case.