Garage Door Dilemma-Help!

Rhino

Well Known Member
Hey Guys & Gals: I have an outside garage with a big problem. The only access to the garage is via the overhead door; no window, door, nada. For some unknown reason, the electric door opener won't operate either from the remote or the keypad so I'm locked out. I've tried changing the remote batteries which was no help.

I would prefer to not damage the door or knock a hole in the block wall contruction...any other ideas? If, however, those are my only options, I would appreciate suggestions for someone to do the work.

Hopefully someone else has been through this dilemma and share some good old Mexican or Gringo solution.

Rhino

Well Known Member
Thanks, but the problem is that I am trapped outside, not inside, so the red cord isn't accessible nor is the reset button. Penquin: what kind of work does Ivan Gurrola do?

chihauhau

You have internet access. Google the door opener. T8he key will let you reset it. Read the manual online to do it. I have done the same for my daughter in scottsdale.

Rhino

Well Known Member
Thanks, Rick, I'll try the 6 second break in method. Hopefully it works on a metal door.

bluepenguin

In Town Gringo
Thanks, but the problem is that I am trapped outside, not inside, so the red cord isn't accessible nor is the reset button. Penquin: what kind of work does Ivan Gurrola do?
He installs and repairs garage doors. Does good work.

mermaid

I also have a garage door that will not open. No window or man door, only access is through the metal roll up door. No electric opener. It seems that the cable or metal rod on one side of the t-handle broke or came off. Any ideas?

Rhino

Well Known Member
Thaks, Penquin; I will call Ivan. Sounds like a good guy to know. Does he speak English?