Getting a package delivered in Rocky Point

ReCurve

I need a small package delivered from Europe. I wanted to just get a PO box and wait for it. My friend tells me the Mexican post office doesn't work like it does back in the states. I can't find a fed ex or UPS store in rocky point. Does anybody happen to know of a reliable way to rent a box and get mail in town?

Go to the Burrito Express... it's a couple blocks west of the baseball stadium and a block north of the big school, no clue what the street name or number is, but I'm sure someone will help us out here...

El Gato

We rent a PO Box in Lukeville and pay Burrito Express $30/mo and they deliver our mail and will also mail things out for us in Lukeville. You do pay duty on any packages that come in. I'm not good on directions so someone else could probably get you there easier and quicker (once DD & I got lost and manged to visit 3 States - before we got to where we were headed - family never lets us navigate.)

I've also heard that you can have a package delivered to the insurance agency at Lukeville and they charge $10 for the service. We've never used it and don't know if they are still doing it.

JGattheSea

PIF Puerto Peñasco
This is off topic kinda but I have been wondering when the Sam's club opens if you can order stuff online and pick it up at the store there like you can in the states?

For full disclosure...the pricing at Burrito Express changes on a whim...the real pricing is;

Monthly fee $30.00
Street address fee: $10.00 (for items that can't be delivered to the post office box)
Customs fee: 16% of item (I been charged on the full amount including tax and shipping charges)
Burrito Express package fee: $4.00 to $20.00 depending on his mood

Also keep in mind, you won't get a tax receipt for any of this, making it difficult to pass this stuff at the next checkpoint at KM 31 despite the fact that you have more than paid your share.

Hector asked me to pay $100.00 in fees for my $75.00 curtain rod. We went through the same nightmare on 44 different packages and finally gave up. Mail service was easy and without complications, but I would never again ship a package there.

For full disclosure...the pricing at Burrito Express changes on a whim...the real pricing is;

Monthly fee $30.00
Street address fee: $10.00 (for items that can't be delivered to the post office box)
Customs fee: 16% of item (I been charged on the full amount including tax and shipping charges)
Burrito Express package fee: $4.00 to $20.00 depending on his mood

Also keep in mind, you won't get a tax receipt for any of this, making it difficult to pass this stuff at the next checkpoint at KM 31 despite the fact that you have more than paid your share.

Hector asked me to pay $100.00 in fees for my $75.00 curtain rod. We went through the same nightmare on 44 different packages and finally gave up. Mail service was easy and without complications, but I would never again ship a package there.
I don't doubt your woes with Hector and the Burrito Express... but we have been with him since he started and we have never paid any excessive duty fees... in fact we just had 2 pedistal fans shipped from Walmart and paid 4 bucks each...

I have a feeling I got the "rich gringo" price. I understand the tax, but when I asked for receipts it was clear that the majority of the "tax" I paid did not go to the authority. Not the end of the world, just thought it was best for someone to have a different opinion when considering options.

Next time just question him on his rates... sometimes it helps to bring the cost down or eliminate them all together...

No matter what, Hectors service is far cheaper than doing the driving to the boarder yourself...

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Isn't Rocky Point getting big enough now for International shipping?! I find it ridiculous that this day in age when UPS says it goes anywhere that there isn't UPS or Fedex capability in RP

Rocky Point Rides

Relax.....we're driving!!
I need a small package delivered from Europe. I wanted to just get a PO box and wait for it. My friend tells me the Mexican post office doesn't work like it does back in the states. I can't find a fed ex or UPS store in rocky point. Does anybody happen to know of a reliable way to rent a box and get mail in town?
Hello, I just started my Package and Grocery Delivery service, you can call me at 520-207-0532 or e-mail at [email protected]

Kea

I'm convinced there has to be something here. We've seen DHL trucks driving around town. Also there seems to be a new place (near Pane e Vino) called Very Very Good Package Service (or something like that). I don't know anything about either of them - just seen them around. I'm sure there are people living here and shopping on-line that get things delivered without going through the US.

We've asked around and only hear about Burrito Express. I'm sure there are other options, but I haven't found them yet.

This is off topic kinda but I have been wondering when the Sam's club opens if you can order stuff online and pick it up at the store there like you can in the states?
We interviewed the Sam's Club guy on Ramblings yesterday...wish I'd known to ask this question. I'll find out for you and post it.

I have a feeling I got the "rich gringo" price. I understand the tax, but when I asked for receipts it was clear that the majority of the "tax" I paid did not go to the authority. Not the end of the world, just thought it was best for someone to have a different opinion when considering options.
Hector charges according to the size and weight of the package. He doesn't have "rich gringo" fees. I pay more than some others do for the monthly service because I have a business and get/send more mail. I'm fine with that. Anyone getting a package who doesn't want to pay Burrito Express can have the package sent to the Radio Shack in Ajo or to the little bus terminal in Lukeville and then arrange to drive up and get your package when you can. Both charge a minimal storage fee for holding your packages. I've been told the gas station in Lukeville charges something like $10usd per week to do the same thing.

I'm convinced there has to be something here. We've seen DHL trucks driving around town. Also there seems to be a new place (near Pane e Vino) called Very Very Good Package Service (or something like that). I don't know anything about either of them - just seen them around. I'm sure there are people living here and shopping on-line that get things delivered without going through the US.

We've asked around and only hear about Burrito Express. I'm sure there are other options, but I haven't found them yet.
I do quite a bit of online shopping and I feel more comfortable having Burrito Express bring my packages. The service is faster and I try not to order big bulky items, which are more costly to have brought down. If I must order something big, I'd rather just send it to someone who will be heading down soon.

Hector charges according to the size and weight of the package. He doesn't have "rich gringo" fees. I pay more than some others do for the monthly service because I have a business and get/send more mail. I'm fine with that. Anyone getting a package who doesn't want to pay Burrito Express can have the package sent to the Radio Shack in Ajo or to the little bus terminal in Lukeville and then arrange to drive up and get your package when you can. Both charge a minimal storage fee for holding your packages. I've been told the gas station in Lukeville charges something like $10usd per week to do the same thing.
As Hector is in business to make a profit, I am fine with fees that are disclosed in advance that will allow me to make an informed decision. Undisclosed fees and charges for taxes that were never paid (which I have confirmed with the small imports office, why he was unable to give receipts) is simply bad business.

As Hector is in business to make a profit, I am fine with fees that are disclosed in advance that will allow me to make an informed decision. Undisclosed fees and charges for taxes that were never paid (which I have confirmed with the small imports office, why he was unable to give receipts) is simply bad business.
When we used to go get our own mail we were frequently charged for packages. If we were bringing back a clients mail, I was uncomfortable passing that cost along, because I didn't want anyone to think it was us charging it. I soon got tired of taking the hit, though and realized we were better off with Hector's service. I rarely pay more than $20 for a package, though.

When we used to go get our own mail we were frequently charged for packages. If we were bringing back a clients mail, I was uncomfortable passing that cost along, because I didn't want anyone to think it was us charging it. I soon got tired of taking the hit, though and realized we were better off with Hector's service. I rarely pay more than $20 for a package, though.
Again, the purpose of my commentary is not to tear Hector apart nor is it to argue with you. I am simply giving full disclosure to those who may consider the option of using Burrito Express. I make the statement knowing full-well that others may have had excellent service. I believe things should be balanced and everyone should post their personal experience be it positive or negative. I tried Burrito Express and I was very pleased with the mail service. The package service was less reliable. Any way you examine the charges ($10.00 fee to gas station, unknown fee to Hector, 16% tax to the authority) the fees alone can't add up to an additional 134% (item purchased was $75.00 and Hectors fees were $100.00). After 44 packages, this became the norm, not the anomaly.

I switched services last week. I won't give the name of the other service because I don't want this to turn into an advertisement That said, I actually received a receipt for the money paid to the gas station and I was told by the courier that even though they declared the item at customs, they did not charge any duty or fees. They passed the savings along to me making me a happy customer. I am just suggesting that when you shop for a service similar to this, you should ask for all fees in writing at the time of your subscription.

Again, the purpose of my commentary is not to tear Hector apart nor is it to argue with you. I am simply giving full disclosure to those who may consider the option of using Burrito Express. I make the statement knowing full-well that others may have had excellent service. I believe things should be balanced and everyone should post their personal experience be it positive or negative. I tried Burrito Express and I was very pleased with the mail service. The package service was less reliable. Any way you examine the charges ($10.00 fee to gas station, unknown fee to Hector, 16% tax to the authority) the fees alone can't add up to an additional 134% (item purchased was $75.00 and Hectors fees were $100.00). After 44 packages, this became the norm, not the anomaly.

I switched services last week. I won't give the name of the other service because I don't want this to turn into an advertisement That said, I actually received a receipt for the money paid to the gas station and I was told by the courier that even though they declared the item at customs, they did not charge any duty or fees. They passed the savings along to me making me a happy customer. I am just suggesting that when you shop for a service similar to this, you should ask for all fees in writing at the time of your subscription.
Aw, this ain't no argument. If Liane does a better job for you, she deserves the word-of-mouth. There's room in town for two of them and competition is a good thing.

Thanks for your understanding, I appreciate that we can have a different opinion on the matter. From what I understand, Liane has packed-up and left town.