Going to RP this weekened Woop Woop! Kid friendly places for lunch and dinner

Hi Everyone,
It has been a long time, but last time you were all so helpful I decided to come on in the blog again to seek opinion. Going to RP this weekend, this time wiht my daughter (was just me and my husband last year round the same time). Bringin along my sister in law and her fam and a couple of friends (with kids as well). Staying in Hitel Baja (NOT my choice, would have booked a house in Las Conchas... but a whole dif story that will put me in a really bad mood just thinking about it :(...). Wondering waht places would be good to go near by (prefer not to drive for lunch wiht so many people/kids in tow). Don't really know the area and what is out there... Dinners are prob going to be at Malecon and breakfast is prob going to be something quick by the pool ... don't know. It is so much easier when it is just a couple of people... Last year we stayed at Penasco Del sol and like it... It just would have been so much easier to rent a house, right?!? Guess who is doing the planning for our next trip dow there? ME!! Anyway - sorry for the rant... Any suggestions on how to have a good time while htere wiht the kids are welcome. And Thank you! Can't wait... is it Friday yet ;)

Manny's Cantina is within very easy walking distance....breakfast/lunch/dinner. The Pithaya (down the street in front of Playa D'Oro RV Park) has breakfast...don't know about other meals...some of the other regulars will probably pipe up on that.

Thank you!
We will def try Manny's or Pink Cadillac (or both) for one of the lunches (or dinners).I read in another thread about the $5 breakfast at Pithaya (just did not know it was close by) - that would be a good choice... Just not sure where to go sense a alot could have changed in hte last year (business come and go, take breaks and so forth). What are good choices on Malecon? We went to the place on the 2nd floor above the fish market (forgot the name) with the really good (lou) live music. Also had dinner in the place at the end of Malecon above the water (forgot it's name as well)... I guess we will have to come more often so I can try and remember the names of all these places. :)

Malecon....
Mary's for tacos, the combo platter or seafood soup(in aluminum foil),
BooBar has good hamburgers or sliders, jumbo shrimp cocktail (mexican style) but is closed thru the midde of August.
There is a 2 story taco/etc. place right around the corner from SharkBite and Iguana Banana (up the first side street off the Malecon)....good food, very reasonable prices...can't remember the name.
Plenty of other places to eat there.
You have to hit the Thrifty Ice Cream place one block off the Malecon.

mis2810

Malecon....
Mary's for tacos, the combo platter or seafood soup(in aluminum foil),
BooBar has good hamburgers or sliders, jumbo shrimp cocktail (mexican style) but is closed thru the midde of August.
There is a 2 story taco/etc. place right around the corner from SharkBite and Iguana Banana (up the first side street off the Malecon)....good food, very reasonable prices...can't remember the name.
Plenty of other places to eat there.
You have to hit the Thrifty Ice Cream place one block off the Malecon.
If it's the one I'm thinking of, the taco place you're talking about is Viva Mexico. I LOVE this place. That's the only place I'll eat fish tacos. It's on the left hand side of the street look up the hill from the fish market, right?

Yup....just around the corner from Iguana Banana....I only ate there once (upstairs)...but the food was great....and cheap!

Oh yes - Thrifty Ice Cream is goooood - I had some last summer - a must with the kids! Thanks you guys - sooo helpfull!!! If I was any better with Power point I would have taken a map and put all the good palces on there!

I'm under the impression that Pinkies is owned by someone else (was told she used to own the Sand Bar) a couple owners back.....