Good masks still neeeded.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Anyone knowing where I can get some of the good paper virus masks please let me know I am still trying to find some to buy for the medical people here in Penasco. There are lots of cloth masks for sale now and some making them but those are completely inadequate for the medical folks. The home made ones are OK to comply with regulations , slow down spray and spread from coughing and sneezing but not much else. Most have to buy their own good masks which are expensive, good for only 3 or 4 uses and largely unavailable. I found one guy selling reusable antiviral masks, they look just like full face scuba masks and have a replaceable virus filter. $100 each but could not find a way to pay for them or someone willing to ship them.

Last edited:

brokenwave

Well Known Member
There are the disposable masks available on Amazon and E-bay. Most have shipping times stretching into July. Here is one for the next 2 weeks.
Not terribly expensive. Not the N95 spec but should block 70-75% of it.

Last edited:

girlfran

Anyone knowing where I can get some of the good paper virus masks please let me know I am still trying to find some to buy for the medical people here in Penasco. There are lots of cloth masks for sale now and some making them but those are completely inadequate for the medical folks. The home made ones are OK to comply with regulations , slow down spray and spread from coughing and sneezing but not much else. Most have to buy their own good masks which are expensive, good for only 3 or 4 uses and largely unavailable. I found one guy selling reusable antiviral masks, they look just like full face scuba masks and have a replaceable virus filter. $100 each but could not find a way to pay for them or someone willing to ship them.
I have some extra disposable Medimart mask I bought at Allmart when I saw what was happening in China. But I doubt they are up to standard for the front liners. I have no idea but I will donate.

Roberto

Well Known Member
I found some N95 for sale in Penasco. Available today. Use should be reserved for front line health workers, you do not need these for street use. I took some to some health worker friends who are on the front line.