Good News on El Homeport

jerry

Antonio Berumen Preciado, Coordinator of the State Office on Tourism Promotion Has admitted that even if the Feds release the 300 million pesos needed to " complete" this turd they are expecting it to be a small ship port..THIS IS HUGE NEWS!!!!!! My guess is the rumor is true that one large cruise line studied the sea bottom and thinks it is too risky to come North of Guaymas for half the year.

From local male cheerleaders Rocky Point 360:

"The COFETUR Coordinator detailed, without discarding the possibility of large cruise ships, activities could begin with smaller tourism vessels with 100 to 300 aboard that would depart from Puerto Peñasco and travel to other ports along the Sea of Cortez."

So in summary even if they get the cash the dead whale catcher may just become a asset rather that a border clogging,sea polluting,empoverished ( both criminals and just poor people) southern Mexican magnet. Picture Windjammers and Nation Geographic dockings or even the Sea Sheapard Heros having it as a homeport!

Landshark

I've always thought the smaller eco-tourism nature cruises would be a perfect fit for our homeport. The SOC is the perfect setting and the smaller ships wouldn't impact RP's infrastructure as severely. Also could raise awareness of the unsustainable fishing techniques that are destroying the sea.

jerry

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/cruise-ship-crisis-mx-has-lost-some-allure/
Numbers not looking good in Mexico. Not good news for the homeport.
The case of Tampico serves as example of what’s happening with the country’s harbors: even after several cruise lines showed interest, the harbormaster and the federal government lacked the funding for dredging that would have provided the necessary depth that would allow ships to dock". That will be a issue in RP for sure....

playaperro

El Pirata
We can only speculate how big the ships will be, who ever thoght they would be massive love boats was delusional, plan has always been to start small, to bad everyone and their brother made off by overcharging, think the xgov of sonora got out scott free.

jerry

We can only speculate how big the ships will be, who ever thoght they would be massive love boats was delusional, plan has always been to start small, to bad everyone and their brother made off by overcharging, think the xgov of sonora got out scott free.
I thought he was in jail?

jerry

Ex governor and Homeport thief Padres is now on a hunger strike in prison....Pavlovich is in RP today reviewing project.....hope the Feds release the money now that giant cruise ships have been ruled out

Landshark

Ex governor and Homeport thief Padres is now on a hunger strike in prison....Pavlovich is in RP today reviewing project.....hope the Feds release the money now that giant cruise ships have been ruled out
Let the rat starve. Hope the port is finished artistically!

jerry

Let the rat starve. Hope the port is finished artistically!
Hell yes.. Claudia talked up loan program to small hotel owners for upgrades...good idea....but vague on homeport cash register ..
Local
general
Politics
Opinion
Celebrity
Art and culture
Health & Beauty

Buscar en el sitio

Wednesday, January 25th, 2017 | Posted by Redaccion
Claudia Pavlovich and Secretary of Tourism agree on boosting the sector

Promoting and investing in destinations Tourist Of Mexico and Sonora is how economic growth will take place in the face of difficult times, said Governor Claudia Pavlovich Arellano, after the Tourism Secretary, Enrique de la Madrid Cordero, presented programs to boost the sector.
Governor Pavlovich put the Megarregion, which exists in conjunction with the state of Arizona, where tourist destinations on both sides of the border are promoted, as well as generating investment benefits for the two entities.
What we have to do is very clear, bet on our force, Betting on our country, betting on what we can do in Mexico, undoubtedly we are living in complicated times, but I also have to thank the enormous opportunity I have had to generate a relationship, beyond anything else, very Important with my neighbor, the state of Arizona ??
In the company of the President of the Tourism Commission of the Chamber of Deputies, Sylvana Beltrones Sánchez, Governor Pavlovich emphasized the need to promote Puerto Peñasco as one of the main tourist destinations of the entity, since it has all the resources in personal Trained as in infrastructure to attract national and international visitors.
I believe we have the opportunity to grow through a very important tool, and it is tourism, to bet on growing up around us, to visit our country, to visit our state, "he said.
During the meeting the "Improve your hotel" program was presented, where Bancomext provides financing to small and medium entrepreneurs for the remodeling and rehabilitation of facilities, in addition to the "Connect to tourism" program, which seeks to increase domestic consumption And the improvement in the quality of services and products.
In Sonora have been placed 98 million pesos of a total bag of 140 million pesos for small and medium hoteliers in the different destinations in the entity.
On the part of COFETUR in the Program for the Promotion of Tourism, as part of a collaboration agreement with Nafin, 58 credits have been granted for an amount of 93 million pesos for the one destined for projects for small and medium entrepreneurs.
The Secretary of Tourism, Enrique de la Madrid Cordero, recognized Puerto Peñasco as one of the most Attractive Of the country to be visited, so it will work together with Governor Pavlovich to detonate the region, which will give a benefit to the Sonorans and Mexicans.
I believe that there is a great project here, there are important investments, and what I would like to do is to ask the Governor and you to review it together, and see that we can work to detonate this extraordinary destiny, which will generate opportunities for People here, but especially opportunities for Mexicans ?? he said.
The president of the VIDANTA group, Daniel Chávez Morán, received an acknowledgment from Governor Claudia Pavlovich Arellano and the Secretary of Tourism, Enrique de la Madrid Cordero, for his contribution to Mexico and Sonora in the hotel and tourism field.
The authorities also visited the construction site of the Home Port, which presents a 2% advance in the dock and 55% in the escorella, with an investment so far of 491 million pesos, which also highlighted the potential of Puerto Peñasco to have a Convention Center, International Airport, connectivity with Baja California Norte and Baja California Sur, Sinaloa, as well as 5,000 rooms available to receive visitors.

Mexico needs a small business loan program. The problem is that the historical lack of land or home ownership and title leaves little for collateral.

jerry

On the brighter side...boomerfest is threatening to reappear according to a drunk add golfer/ big talker at Stone Canyon in Tucson yesterday

Who ever owns those huge steel moulds and concrete operation for El Home Port would be already in place for a perfect business opportunity.........supplying the footing for the twenty foot wide base for the "WALL".

JJ

ernesto

Whenever I hear talk about "the wall" it makes me wonder if those in power have heard of an invention called " the ladder"? How many times have you seen those homemade ladders in Mexico? $10 operation to crirumvent billions to build "the wall"?

Hey Ernesto..........

Especially if the escaleras are made of wood, the ten million volt wires on top shouldn't even be a problem, just jump!

Funny thing though, all of those idiots doing all that moaning and groaning aren't even aware of the fact that from California to west Texas the "WALL" has been there for years now. It's a rare occasion that somebody ever gets over it, they just go around it.