Great drug war article

jerry

http://www.economist.com/world/americas/displaystory.cfm?story_id=15213785

"Sinaloa, by contrast, has stuck to drugs and money laundering and is smarter and more sophisticated. It prefers anonymity to the ostentation of others (Mr Beltrán was undone by inviting a famous accordionist to play at a Christmas party). It eschews jobless teenagers, its rivals’ rank and file, in favour of graduates, infiltration and intelligence. Although all the gangs have penetrated local governments, only Sinaloa and the Beltráns have been discovered to have bribed senior officials. Officials complain that Sinaloa operatives receive warning of pending raids. Sceptics wonder whether success against other gangs comes from tip-offs from Sinaloa."

This rings true,When the massacre at "the Y" happened last year(60 miles south of Puerto Penasco) most of the chopped up bodies were local unemployed teenagers.In a creepy side note a month before the killing a gangsterific suv load of guys stopped to look at my house for sale and noticed my 18 volt makita cordless sawsall kit on the table. A exchange of 300 bucks put it in the suv.I hope it's just being used to cut mesquite firewood.