Gymnastics in (or near) Rocky Point

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this should go under "Staying Healthy" or "Advertising," but I am trying to find either a gym that does gymnastics in Puerto Peñasco (or within a reasonable driving distance), or someone versed enough in the sport to coach a competitive gymnast (i.e. a retired gymnast or a coach who retired to RP perhaps).

Strange request, I know, but my family REALLY wants to move to Rocky Point but the only thing preventing that is the fact that our daughter is a competitive gymnast. I am trying to find a way to allow her to continue her training in Mexico. If she hadn't just come in second overall in the state meet, I might just tell her to find another sport, but apparently she's pretty good at this one so I hate to be a dream crusher.

Soooo... any leads that you could send my way would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Soooo... I'll take that as a "no." LOL! I figured as much since I've had no luck with my inquiries elsewhere either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't crush a child's dreams.
Just curious... Where would you be moving from and what made you pick Rocky Point as your final destination?

Kenny

The ABQ for Albuquerque and the avatar say's their in the land of entrapment Kemo Sabe, New Mexico .

Trying not to be a dream-crusher, especially since she just placed 2nd overall in the state... But, yes, we are in the mountains outside Albuquerque and winters here are brutal for a tropical gal like me. I would've moved south long ago if it weren't for these other people I have to consider (i.e my kids and husband). They would love to be in Mexico too, but there are some logistics that would need to be worked out.

Rocky Point wouldn't be the final destination, per se, but since we have a condo there it would be a natural place for us to "winter." Problem is, winter is competition season in gymnastics. How to strike the balance is always the question. If I had found a gym or coach in RP she could've continued her training there but it may not be a realistic option.

Thanks for the responses. I figured it was worth a try!

Landshark

If you really want to see if she has what it takes to be a championship gymnast it would make more sense to find a world class coach and move there. Coach Chow comes to mind. Iowa isn't so bad. Plenty of time for fun in the sun later. IMHO

You make a great point. But maybe not Iowa. Can you think of any world class coaches that like warmer weather? LOL!