Have you looked under or around your front door lately?

Every year, as winds begin to pick up and cooler weather begins, consider looking at your door seal. It's not uncommon here in Rocky Point to find there is no weather stripping around the exterior doors, causing your a/c and heating bills to rise. Dirt and sand can also infiltrate into the house. The weather-stripping around the door is just as important as the seal at the bottom. Check all weather-stripping at all exterior openings. Use only weather-stripping that snaps into a 1/4" groove if it exists around your door frame. Screws or nails into place weather stripping works best here in Rocky point and is adjustable. The stick-on kind doesn't last and is a mess to remove. Wouldn't you rather make minor adjustments occasionally than make a major alteration every season?
043374011562.jpg

Roberto

I had a house with no weather stripping at all on the 5 doors. Just for fun I measured the size of the open cracks around the door of each, multiplied by the length (They were 9 ft doors) of each, added them up and it came to the equivalent of an 18x18 inch opening !!

jerry

Scorpions ...After 7 years my Aluminum clad prehung wood with insulated glass panel doors are still bug and bullet proof.Similar steel and glass doors need constant upkeep or rust out.

playaperro

El Pirata
Yea i have to go to Gersons and buy some Doors, hope the steel ones are generic in size cause my weather stripping is good but my doors are rusted to the max.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Scorpions ...After 7 years my Aluminum clad prehung wood with insulated glass panel doors are still bug and bullet proof.Similar steel and glass doors need constant upkeep or rust out.
My entry door is also metal clad, and i haven't had any problem, in 6 years. You mentioned scorpions, i remodeled my downstairs bathroom, last spring and found one of the under the vanity, when I pulled it out and a couple weeks ago had one laying outside the front door The Sidewinder - Horned Rattlesnake - DesertUSA There are lot's of these around RP. I am sure Roberto knows about it, but maybe not... another thing that there are alot of is Coral snakes. His boss or partner had a big bucket of them dumped in her office, by a jealous or mad boyfriend, years ago, and I mean a bucket full of them. (The good ole day's)

Kenny

Very often this king snake that ranges all over the southwest and far down into Mexico is mistaken for a Coral snake. My cat even drug one home up here in Prescott. They're far more common than a Coral that are also found up this way, and easier to find because their habitat compared to the secretive Coral, is more varied and accessible.

jerry

Gersons is overpriced...go to the restore on 22nd and Country Club
Yea i have to go to Gersons and buy some Doors, hope the steel ones are generic in size cause my weather stripping is good but my doors are rusted to the max.

jerry

Red Touch Yellow, Kills a Fellow. Red Touch Black, Friend of Jack. red touch yellow you a dead fellow!

Very often this king snake that ranges all over the southwest and far down into Mexico is mistaken for a Coral snake. My cat even drug one home up here in Prescott. They're far more common than a Coral that are also found up this way, and easier to find because their habitat compared to the secretive Coral, is more varied and accessible.

playaperro

El Pirata
Drove by Gersons to drop off some pack rats couple weeks ago and plenty of trucks selling stuff there, Anyway they opened a second hand hardware store on Samuel Ocano,
Saw the Doors I need there but did not have time to stop and haggle with them, Plenty of hard to find building supply.