HELP LOST KAYAKERS

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
2 OF MY DAUGHTER'S FRIENDS WENT OUT ON A KAYAK THIS AFTERNOON, AND WERE PULLED OUT TO SEA. THE NAVY MARINOS ARE OUT THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT LOOKING FOR THEM DOWN BY PLAYA MIRAMAR (OUT BY MAYAN) LAST SEEN ABOUT 2-3 MILES SOUTH AT 3:00. IT'S 8:30 AND THEY STILL HAVEN'T FOUND THEM. DOES ANYONE HAVE A BOAT, PLANE, HELICOPTER WHO CAN HELP IN THE RESCUE? PLEASE PLEASE CALL 520-247-3233 OR IN PENASCO 638 1108474 OR 520-247-7170.

Jim

Well Known Member
Wow, I no longer have a boat but I do live here in Penasco. Let me know if I can help in any way. I hope and pray that everything turns out alright. Please update often.

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
Tyler, do you have Stuart's or Ric's phone numbers? Or the Cholla Bay Harbor, or anyone who could help. We've been to the harbor master, but only the marine boat is going out and their parents are frantic to find a boat, plane, helicopter to find them.
Thanks,
Heidi

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
I don't have a boat, nor do I have their numbers. Sorry.

Have they been found? I can send a global message to all members asking if anyone can help, if needed.

don

Well Known Member
I called the number listed and the girls are still missing. The military is out looking for them at this hour, 07:30.
I'm not sure we could be of any help since they are out looking, and aircraft could cover so much more area. If needed, I could try and take off work and head to RP: the earliest I could arrive would be late Monday evening. Buoyweather is predicting yellow flag conditions for Tuesday/Wednesday, so I don't know if the harbor master would even let us out.

Let me know if more help is needed. I only have a boat.

We can pray for the girls safe return.

don

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Miramar, - try these #'s-Victor, 638-1057839, very good friend of mine, tell him Tecate Runner told you to call, he will listen, knows a lot of people in pp - speaks english,
Martin, - 638-3807089, Also a good friend, - was, is, active in search & rescue, speaks spanish only also tell him who told you to call, he helped find those guys from Tucson a few yrs. back. he's good, -
Villa,- 638-3840398 he knows a lot of people with boats,
Cholla Bay search & rescue, - 638-3825056, ------------ if calling from US - put- 011-521 in front of #
these are #'s that I carry in my boat, that I would use rite off if I found myself in trouble, along with vhf - ch 26
tell people in pdo rv office-people, with boats there, from what you say, if I was there, from pdo ramp - 125-heading, 10 miles out start searching,
put out more info, - color of kayaks, how many, what wearing, do they have life jackets, etc,-
@ a time like this, put out as much info. as you can, can never be too much, you never know who may find,
also search shoreline, could have been pushed to shore, the best bet at this time is from air,
good luck,

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Any update on this? My boat is in Rocky Point and I can be down there in about 3 hours to help with the search.

Scott

Stuart -- As of an hour ago, they were still missing.

Call them 520-247-3233 OR IN PENASCO 638 1108474 OR 520-247-7170

I am certain they would appreciate your help!

Stuart said:
Any update on this? My boat is in Rocky Point and I can be down there in about 3 hours to help with the search.

J

Jamie75

Hey...I am just sickened by this news. My thoughts and prayers are with these girls and their families.
The only person I can think of that has a plane would be Steve Schwab. I do not have contact information for him, but I am sure I can get a hold of him if I try. Let me know if you need my help..

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
I hope the girls are found. With the water temperatures, they are at a very high risk of hypothermia.

Having ridden out there on large jetskis, the best bet to find them because of their very low profile, and the rough waters, is from the air. You might not be able to see them from a couple hundred yards away otherwise.

Wood Spinner

Well Known Member
I just sent an E-Mail to Chanel 10 weather asking if they could provide any guidance as to where the wind and drift may have taken them. I hope they will reply. Remember that they are probably safer in what they are in than a med. sized boat. I was out last weekend in my zodiac type blow up that is only about 10 ft long in swells 5 or 6 ft tall and all I did was bob around like a cork.

There is a small pland that flies the coast almost daily. Has anyone gone to the airport to ask for help. If you can not get free possibly you could charter a plane for a couple of hours. The airport people may also be able to provide help on where to find them bassed on the wind.

I wish I was there to provid help

don

Well Known Member
I just called the 520 # and the fella told me "They were all set, and Thank You", and hung up...Don't know if the girls were found.

B

BeachMom

This is terrible!

I just sent an email to Mark Mulligan. If anyone has contacts in RP, it's Mark. Keeping my fingers crossed.

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
THEY HAVE BEEN FOUND! THEY SLEPT ON THE SHORE, FOUND A FISHERMAN'S HOUSE AND THEY CALLED. SO THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU! WE'VE TOLD THE HARBOR MASTER, THE PANGAS, ETC. THANK YOU ALL VERY VERY MUCH. A COLD NIGHT WAS MADE SO MUCH BETTER TODAY!

B

BienVida

I just emailed one of the marketing/sales guys with Las Palomas, he has alot of contacts down there. I forwarded the email Tyler sent me, and asked him to contact anyone he knows with a plane.

I'm praying for the safe return of these girls.

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
THEY HAVE BEEN FOUND!!! THEY SLEPT ON THE SHORE OF BAHIA SAN JORGE. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FROM THE PARENTS AND FRIENDS OF THESE KIDS. I APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP.