help me bonefish

B

bigdog

i heard a while back that people are catching bonefish down there. where do i go? what are they hitting on?

ReelHard

grouper slayer
if you just go of the south side behind manny beach club maybe 500 yrds out. We catch them by the dozens on sabiki rigs. They make great bait for grouper and other predator species. good luck to you.

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Wahoo, where exactly are you talking about?? I'm not sure what "flats" are.

The beaches out past Playa Encanto, and on the Caborca side of La Pinta estuary are both good areas to fish for bones at low tide, if the wind isn't blowing, that is.... :geek:

On the google map, it shows La Pinta and then further south, at the tip of the peninsula in the armpit, it says "Salina". Don't know.....is that the name of the peninsula itself??

See pictures below. The area being discussed is the La Pinta estuary, on the side opposite PP. Area 3 on the maps. I have caught several bonefish from the shore on shrimp bait waiting for the Corvina to start biting. I normally fish area 3b, and normally catch bonefish when the tide is up and I'm fishing over the sand outside of the channel. I assume that if you fish area 3c, or even further round out of the estuary proper, then you would be fishing 'flats' at any time of the tide.

tmp..jpg tmp..jpg tmp..jpg

Hey Bigdog!! Welcome to the forum Russ, and yes, I'm on here at 4:00 every morning. When we're all down in October, we'll have to go check these places out.