Help!! Need Oxygen

dmcauley

Well Known Member
My sister in law is in dire need of oxygen and cannot get it through her SS medicine in Mexico. I have 2 small bottles but it takes a prescription here. Where can I get oxygen in RP? Does any one have any bottles that they would donate?

cholla

Well Known Member
How about a welding supply? I don't know if there is a difference betweem "medical" oxygen and regular, so I may be all wet.

John

Jim

Well Known Member
One of our bartenders named Fernando is a nurse at San Jose Hospital. He is a great guy and I'm sure he can point you in the right direction. I'm not in town right now but he works Friday and Saturday nights. Our karoake guy named Luis volunteers for the Red Cross. He only works on Wednesdays but whoever is there can probably get you in touch with one or both of them.

How about a welding supply? I don't know if there is a difference betweem "medical" oxygen and regular, so I may be all wet.

John
Yes there is a big difference between medical grade and welding oxygen. I have been certified to administer oxygen as part of my rescue training and that is one thing they stress not to do...

La Pequena Hermana

Well Known Member
dm,
I agree with Playa,butalso check with some of the(larger) rental companies,as I am sure they might supply some houses with this or at least know who to contact.
L.

T

Taz

Oxygen concentrator....plugs into the wall and makes it;s own oxygen for medical use. good for in- home use not portable though like the tanks are.

A

azbeachboy

I have 2 small bottles but it takes a prescription here. Where can I get oxygen in RP? Does any one have any bottles that they would donate?
Why not go to the doctor and get a prescription?

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
What about a scuba tank? I don't know if you can hook em up or transfer the air from the tank to the bottle........Just tryin' to brainstorm.

dmcauley

Well Known Member
They do not take a prescription for Mexico in the US> I have 2 tiny tanks right now and San Jose Clinic will fill them. Red cross was the first we checked. After I wrote this the family did some more checking and found out a bout San Jose. I still need bottles to last a week in between filllup. Thanks for all the input

JimMcG

Well Known Member
My sister in law is in dire need of oxygen and cannot get it through her SS medicine in Mexico. I have 2 small bottles but it takes a prescription here. Where can I get oxygen in RP? Does any one have any bottles that they would donate?
Phoenix craigslist has several bargain ads for oxygen bottles today.

B

bahiatrader

I am a long time oxygen user. I was unable to find anywhere in Rocky Point to have my bottles refilled, so I bring enough to last me while I'm there. Portable oxygen concentrators are the best way to go when traveling, but they cost in the multiple thousands of dollars and batteries must be constantly recharged. Welding oxygen can be used in an emergency, but the bottles and regulators are different. My sister saved my mother's life by using a welding bottle and a mask she contrived out of a paper sack. Traveling or vacationing with oxygen can be bothersome. It's even more of a bummer having to be dependant on it all the time. Ca-ca happens, life goes on and the you die.

B

bahiatrader

The Red Cross couldn't help me a few years ago, but maybe that's changed. 165 liter medical oxygen bottles can be purchased on eBay for $27.99 ea. plus $7.50 shipping to Laughlin, NV from Salem OR. I believe the 165 liter bottles are only about 3.25" in diameter X 11.6" length and are only good for a few hours for me with a good on demand conservator regulator at 2 liters/hour. They certainly don't furnish 165 liters of oxygen. Buenos suerte.

B

bahiatrader

Glad to hear it. As information to us oxygen junkies, how were you able to solve the problem? I've had to take lengthy measures at times to ensure I had O2.
I took 16 large O2 bottles and six short fat ones to Rocky Point. I once made it for an entire month there and points South. I even rationed it at night because the air was clean and it was sea level. I went home on my last bottle, got recharged bottles, and returned a week later with my wife. Tammy and I spent two more weeks boating, fishing, and sight seeing. Packing that much O2 around is a hassle. I have mine exchanged weekly, and that's tolerable. A place to have O2 bottles refilled or purchased would be great for those of us in need. A Mexican prescription is easy to get.