Hey check out this pargo

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Wahoo give Ramon a try, his fried fish is to die for and the presentation is as nice or nicer than PDS at Bonita, however I will need to try PDS myself since I have only had their calamari and it was awesome, their "Cuba libres" were nice, almost real too!! not just your typical rum and coke, it was nice to ask for it and actually get it, I think that's what impressed me the most!!.

Last edited:

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Ramon's is like going to someone's house to eat but paying for it...plus tip...
So you mean it is good? I rather have home cooked food than restaurant, then again it depends on who the cook is!! an yes he does cook it in hot oil and the taste is that of fish and not oil, ,the main reason I fall in love with his deep fried fish and no, it is not breaded like the fish and chips at the old "Old Port Restaurant", which were very far from the real thing, then again I ate the real thing for a year and could not get enough!!

playaperro

El Pirata
Fish and Chips at old port never had them. Hey you ever gone to the fish fry @ the elbow room on a friday. Anyways gamma's blows your buddy out of the water. Oh he's not on the water.

Sorry Ink just being sarcastic. Hey you coming down tomorrow lets hook up...

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Fish and Chips at old port never had them. Hey you ever gone to the fish fry @ the elbow room on a friday. Anyways gamma's blows your buddy out of the water. Oh he's not on the water.

Sorry Ink just being sarcastic. Hey you coming down tomorrow lets hook up...
Last time I went to Gamma's the fish tasted just like old nasty burnt oil, have not been there since!! I was very disapointed, not the same it used to be specially since the sign "For Sale" went up a while ago!!
Gash darnnet!! I will not be down this weekend although I am tempted, I bet the water is going to be delicious!!, I'll be going down in the 18th taking down a people for a wedding and will stay for a couple of days, I hope!!

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Well, I was very disapointed this past Sunday, I went to Puesta del Sol restaurant and ask for the whole fried fish and guess what!! they do not make it anymore!! Playa, your picture is dated 3/19/2009, I was very disappointed, you owe me 2 beers!! :eek3:

Last edited:

playaperro

El Pirata
I Play I pay

Well, I was very disapointed this past Sunday, I went to Puesta del Sol restaurant and ask for the whole fried fish and guess what!! they do not make it anymore!! Playa, your picture is dated 3/19/2009, I was very disappointed, you owe me 2 beers!! :eek3:
Very Sorry Mi bien Amigo I will be more then happy to buy you 2 beers, but I said Check out this pargo,
like jeepers says always cover your :moon:.BTW how was it there? people, anyone playing music, windy
yea, any nice people hangin out just to mingo. Let me know.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Very Sorry Mi bien Amigo I will be more then happy to buy you 2 beers, but I said Check out this pargo,
like jeepers says always cover your :moon:.BTW how was it there? people, anyone playing music, windy
yea, any nice people hangin out just to mingo. Let me know.
We went kind of early, personally we do not like the one man band they have there, again our personal choice, he is the best for those who like him!! but not for US, there were a few people eating there and as the time got close for the guy to start his act it started to get fuller and fuller.
We, my wify and I had the same "Pescado Mar de Cortez" and it was short of finger liking good, due to the fact that I only do that at home or when eating charbroiled chicken, basically is a couple of fish fillets stuffed with shrimp and some awesome white sauce and all wrapped in bacon, we were so hungry that by the time we thought of taking a picture of the dish it was half gone, and the Bloody Marias were to die for!! I have to add that Puesta del Sol Restaurant has excelent food, never been disappointed other that they do not serve the Pargo anymore, we need to start filling the "comments" cards to bring it back!!

Looks way to fancy to be reasonably priced.
I am sorry to say that I think PP is pricing itself above preceived market value. I recently heard that it has become one of the priciest destinations in Mexico. I may go to a bar to have a few drinks but seldome eat in the resturants. Even 120 pesos is high for a full chicken when you can buy one in Costco for about $ 5.00. I still love Polly Loco and never miss it. The town needs to get back to Mexico basics and bring back more turists.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Wahoo, where is the "Flor de la Canela" located, I need to check it out, it must be a new one have not heard of it untill right now, and I have a couple of peruvian friends in Phoenix metro always checking!! do they have a website?

InkaRoads

cronopiador
The only time I had crabs in PP was about 14 years ago, when the original Perico Marinero was open, the one facing the sea, it was my home away from home back then, they had special dishes not on the menu for the regulars and it was excelent, can not remember the name of the cook then, he was the best in town on those days, they brought us a platter full of crabs, we were four and there were at least 20 to 25 crabs and big too, I was told that they are not very common in PP back then, maybe they are not still, that might be by they are rare, but I know what you mean, in Peru we ate crabs and a couple of different ones all the time and they were delicious!!

If they started selling crab in RP, I'd really never leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sucks not being able to get fresh crab around here:(

Wahoo, I'm assuming you're referring to the Chesapeake Bay. I've never had fresh crab from the east coast. I grew up in the Pacific Northwest and my dad had a boat and a little crab trap. Let me tell you..................that was some of the most fun I've ever had and the best eating ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!