Highest Tide

MIRAMAR

According to this tide prediction website: http://tbone.biol.sc.edu/tide/tideshow.cgi?site=Puerto+Penasco%2C+Sonora%2C+Mexico , on next Tuesday, August 10th, Penasco will have the highest tide (19.08 feet) until 2019- we're going down to check it out.

Puerto Penasco, Sonora, Mexico
1 January 2010 - 1 January 2012

31.3017° N, 113.3817° WSearched interval from 2010-01-01 00:00 MST to 2012-01-02 00:00 MSTMaximum was 19.08 feet at 2010-08-10 14:19 MSTMinimum was -5.47 feet at 2010-01-30 20:16 MSTMean of maxima and minima was 7.02 feetEstimated MLLW: -0.06 feetCPU time used: 0.587910 s

cholla

I think that sitting on the patio at JJs and sipping a cold beer would be an awesome way to watch the high tide. I think that I will take off work and do just that.

John

Bob Oso

Who ever can, take some pictures...please. I've seen go up the first couple steps at JJ's, and that just been in the past year or so. Now the first landing on the steps would be something to see.

AZ ROB

I hate it when this work thing gets in the way. But if I read this right high tide will be at 14:19 so if I leave work at 10 am I could drive down catch high tide a beverage some tacos and be home by dinner time (late dinner) and just tell the wife I was playing golf with the boys?

Last edited:
I hate it when this work thing gets in the way. But if I read this right high tide will be at 14:19 so if I leave work at 10 am I could drive down catch high tide a beverage some tacos and be home by dinner time (late dinner) and just tell the wife I was playing golf with the boys?
Watch out now Rob....your wife is watching!!!:rofl:
Why not just take her along?....have a nice sunset dinner...stay the night, leave very early ...and be back in time for work the next morning....

AZ ROB

Watch out now Rob....your wife is watching!!!:rofl:
Why not just take her along?....have a nice sunset dinner...stay the night, leave very early ...and be back in time for work the next morning....
:aagh:Good Idea Joe but she makes me go to work at 4 am:aagh:

You should... I'll buy ya that beverage... you can tell Michelle you were playing golf with the boys... but I think she'll know you were playing in the Gulf with the boys...

AZ ROB

I think I will be leaving from the home about 9 driving down, there by noonish, eat some lunch (I have been craving some street tacos), get to JJ's about 1:30 have a beverage, leave for home about 3:30, that will put me home about 6-7 ish sounds like a great day.:cruisin:

joester

2 salty dawgs
we were down a few years ago at PDO - and had friends who had rented the beachfront unit #1 at the Mirador.
high tide was splashing the breakwall over and over again, we could not move back far enough to avoid the splashing as we sat on the patio. the water was up the circular concrete steps from the beach to the Mirador (where the shower was).
I wonder how far this tide will reach up the Mirador beach along PDO -
someone please post pics if you can!

Roberto

Or you could surprise her with a beautiful Mexican Puppy on your return and make her happy !!

W

Whale of a Day

I can hardly wait till Tues. I have my camera ready. I have been shooting the bay for 2 years and this is a biggy..I will be nice and share. people that know my photos know there will be some goodies coming.lol

AZ ROB

Or you could surprise her with a beautiful Mexican Puppy on your return and make her happy !!
Roberto she finally caved and said I could come down for the day and yes she still wants the puppy so I am sure she will be getting ahold of you about that as well

it only covered the third step at JJ's, almost got the 4th step wet... but there was a decent turn out at JJ's and the water out in the bay sure did look pretty... it was a fun day...

MIRAMAR

The tide was the highest I've seen- I didn't see the mini-tsunami from the earthquake in Chile which was a much higher tide. The estuary at La Pinta was completely full and I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Roberto

View attachment 1406
High Tide at Mirador Beach looking toward Mannys. The water did not get closer than 50 ft. to the condos and did not touch Manny's sea wall. Now we know what that level looks like with a relatively flat sea and light wind. I've got some sandbags I'll let go real cheap !!

Last edited: