highway 2

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
anyone know the status of highway 2 from sonoyta to caborca? thanks
I am not sure what the question is but here is my opinion of Highway 2.
I avoid it whenever possible. Being the I reside in Penasco, when I need to go to TJ or Ensenada I use the new coastal highway from Penasco to Golfo.
Highway 2 is mostly 2 lane and always under construction. It is the only highway that connects mainland Mexico to the Baja and Tijuana which happens to be the biggest land border crossing between 2 countries in the world. Most every Bus going to TJ, most every truck and most of the traffic must use highway 2. The road has in some places, no shoulders, it feels narrow and the busses and trucks move at incredible speeds for the condition of the road.

If I was coming from Southern California and wanted to get to Penasco I would turn south at San Luis on the new tollroad and follow the coastal into Penasco. Here is a road log to help http://www.penascorecreation.com/roadlog.htm

M

mexmac

I'm not sure what the new section of the coastal highway has to do with your question. Last year I had to go to Sonoyta for some paperwork then from there I went to Hermosillo. I traveled Hwy 2 to Caborca with no problems. I had to stop at the inspection station just south of Sonoyta but from there it was clear sailing. I have heard that the highway is due for some improvements but if and when is anyone's guess.

M

mexmac

me thinks the question was about highway 2 from Sonoyta to Caborca....me could be mistaken but me don't think so