HooDoo's

jerry

I think they all end up in Mexico!
From Slate:
THE HOODOO...they always get me!

the hoodoo. There are certain people you meet in life who are like the locomotives that always used to blow up—people who, wherever they go, disaster always ensues. One of my main pieces of advice is: Stay away from hoodoos. Sometimes hoodoos are very affectionate and they like to hug you, and I always burn my shirt right after being touched by a hoodoo.How do you know a hoodoo when you see one?First of all, a lot of them frequent areas that are rather ephemeral. Many waterfront communities are peopled with hoodoos. And they generally have a string of failures behind them, they generally are in need of capital, they generally talk a much better game than they play. And they often flatter you and pretend to be your very amiable friend before they really know you. Hoodoos are very good at what they do. A lot of times they command the center of attention and they try to dazzle you with the trappings of success—which when you look into it you find is a will o' the wisp.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
No, he just described Francisco Hernandez Mandujano...especially the part about flattery and PRETENDING to be your very amiable friend!:sharks:

Kenny

I liked this comment on the article
... "Anyone who was friends with this guy should realize that even his friendship with them was a fraud. I was surprised to hear how many people went to his service. He basically took a dump on everyone he knew. So he spent money on people and tipped well, it wasn't his money.