How bad was it..border and weather

J

Jamie75

For the few who were down...how was the weather and the border?? I heard from a friend of a friend they waited nearly 5 hours. I also had some friends who were camping with us up north head back home to RP and they said it was a mile back from the border, double lane at 9pm last night...YUCK.

I got across in about 20 minutes...... :twisted: :lol: ...BUT... I was at the border at 6am when the Mexicans opened the gate. There were about 15-20 vehicles in front of me...and with 3 lanes open...it still took too long for that many cars!!! Ther is no excuse for that long a wait. SLOWDOWN????

Had to add this...the weather was great....wind was calm/water was flat on Sat. for all the fishing types...picked up a litte bit on Sunday.

A

azbeachboy

Weather was great unless you were on top of a trailer... It was beautiful on the beach. At 6:30 am on Monday we had a five minute wait.

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
What happens if you're in the lane at midnight? Do they just stop taking cars?

tyler said:
What happens if you're in the lane at midnight? Do they just stop taking cars?
Tyler...I've never experienced it coming back to the US(Midnight)....but have trying to enter Mexico one holiday weekend several years ago....was backed up about 3 miles on the US side.....the Mexicans were waving everybody thru....don't really know how long they did it.

However, I've been told that they shut the gate (the Mexicans)....and you're stuck sitting there until 6am...this info is from the US Customs guys.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I heard that the border was bad on Tuesday morning! :eek3: I had friends who came back Tuesday eve. talk to someone that came down Tuesday morning that said the line was backed up to Wendy's. Tuesday morning!!! :eek3:

F

FIESTAFROG

let my friends go there and stay and they got to the border at 8pm. one and a half hour wait. not bad. totally wrong and unexplainable, but not bad for our stupid government