How old are you Tires?

Interesting clip....had me checking my tires....I guess it's a good thing I usually buy from Discount Tires where they have a pretty good turnover....my latest 2 Michelins were dated from mid year 2009.....

Kenny

I watched the whole thing, and no way em I going to go crawl around on the ground and check the date on my tires. I know one thing for sure though, the tires I have on, even if they are 4 or 5 years old, are safer than most of the tires I've driven on for most of my life. I haven't had a flat tire in many years. You don't see that many people on the side of the road changing tire's like you used to either. The tires of today are so much safer than those of not that many years ago, that there's no comparison really.

Kenny

I still see many tires on the road that have separated....and they're not necessarily truck tires that have gone thru the re-thread process. I believe that is the problem with the "old tires"...they have thread separation which is contributed to by the extreme heat we have in AZ....and even more so if you don't run with the proper tire pressure.

I had one of my trailer tires blow out/separate after running over some chunks on the road with steel belts sticking out.

I watched the whole thing, and no way em I going to go crawl around on the ground and check the date on my tires. I know one thing for sure though, the tires I have on, even if they are 4 or 5 years old, are safer than most of the tires I've driven on for most of my life. I haven't had a flat tire in many years. You don't see that many people on the side of the road changing tire's like you used to either. The tires of today are so much safer than those of not that many years ago, that there's no comparison really.

Kenny
Yeah...because most people are too lazy, or don't know how...and call AAA or some other service!!!:rofl:They'll sit there for an hour on their cell phones instead of doing the job themselves in 15 minutes.

Kenny

you just might have better luck.

Hey Joe! Don't run over "chunks on the road with steel belts sticking out." and you just might have better luck.

Hey Joe! Don't run over "chunks on the road with steel belts sticking out." and you just might have better luck.
Sometimes it's unavoidable when the road is littered with a couple of blown tires, and you're towing a trailer....:sad:

Naw....no Parnelli Jones nowadays......although I did have a lead foot in my younger days....lived in Texarkana (dry), and the closest watering hole was Shreveport/Bossier City...about 80 miles....that was a weekly drive for a bottle of brew....and I've been known to lose a cop or two in Arkansas pulling off the interstate and driving the back roads a la "Smokey and the Bandit"!!! Had a nice Chevelle (not a '69) but it would still run 120 stock! That was before "speed rated tires" and I knew any better!!!

Last edited:
AFTER WATCHING THAT I THINK i WILL DO THE CRAWL AROUND. I do buy my tires from a small dealer that has to order in for me. My question is how long has the wholesaler had the tire