I'd go to boomfest if Zappa was resurrected for it.

jerry

There are two kinds of people in the world,People with perfectly preserved Frank Zappa Records who feel a need to make their friends listen to Billy the Mountain at least once a decade...and the rest of us

Kenny

Billy the mountain?... What, they don't listen to Zappa at those hip coffee shops? ;-) Rolling Stone magazine ranked him 71st on its list of the "100 Greatest Artists of All Time".

Last edited:

Hooch

Is he wrong?
[video=youtube;aXeTSZl-jOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXeTSZl-jOU[/video]
He was actually pretty intelligent and could debate rather well for a liberal. He would argue the points unlike the majority today who just say, racism, healthcare, and Change lol

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
He was actually pretty intelligent and could debate rather well for a liberal.
Frank Zappa was not a liberal.

He was a self-determined, self made, psychologically healthy person who understood how the real world works.

“The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater.”

Prescient insights such as the one above, or in the video Kenny posted, accurate as they may be, rarely originate from the minds of such intellectual powerhouses as Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, or anyone with the last name Clinton.

Zappa was Libertarian.

Kenny

He was a self-determined, self made, psychologically healthy person who understood how the real world works.

“The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater.”

Prescient insights such as the one above, or in the video Kenny posted, accurate as they may be, rarely originate from the minds of such intellectual powerhouses as Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, or anyone with the last name Clinton.

Zappa was Libertarian.
Your making a big mistake by trying to put Frank in a Box Moore. I posted those particular pieces for a reason, but I'm sure as hell not a Libertarian, and neither was Frank. The idea of starting your own country within the states or not, would make for just more fodder for him to make fun off. I know I do.
Read "The real Frank Zappa Book", by Frank Zappa, Poseidon press..Disributed by Simon and Schuster. The last sentence is "it's been a pleasure talking to you-and don't forget to register to vote."
Oh, and I knew you'd like the thoughts about school and the Industrial Military complex in particular, I do too, but that sure as hell didn't have Frank or myself signing up to be a Libertarian.Frank Zappa, from his own auto-biography, defined himself as a “practical conservative”,

Last edited:

jerry

Zappa was Libertarian.
Robert 2.0. The master of lighting straw men on fire ..maybe read a little Chomsy or Zinn to know your enemy.....I agree Zappa was A "born on third bast thinks he hit a triple"type of libertarian...with all the blind spots most have...

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
I'm sure as hell not a Libertarian
Yes you are. Otherwise, you would find the authoritarian nature of your "homeland" to be preferable to the laid back nature of Mexico.

See, the only difference between you and me, is that I don't think it's ok for anyone to do what Big Brother/Big Sister is doing, regardless of whether they hail from Texas, or from Chicago, and regardless of what color skin they have, or where they went to school.

Orwell's "boot stomping on a human face... forever" is a boot that knows no political party.

I didn't put Frank Zappa in a box. I LABELED him.... there is a subtle nuance there, which was deliberate.

If he described himself as a "practical conservative" then who am I to argue?

jerry

Yes you are. Otherwise, you would find the authoritarian nature of your "homeland" to be preferable to the laid back nature of Mexico.

See, the only difference between you and me, is that I don't think it's ok for anyone to do what Big Brother/Big Sister is doing, regardless of whether they hail from Texas, or from Chicago, and regardless of what color skin they have, or where they went to school.

Orwell's "boot stomping on a human face... forever" is a boot that knows no political party.

I didn't put Frank Zappa in a box. I LABELED him.... there is a subtle nuance there, which was deliberate.

If he described himself as a "practical conservative" then who am I to argue?
Great artists say and do stupid stuff just like the rest of us....Zappa was always mad about people being in his pocket....ho hum...who isn't

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
..maybe read a little Chomsy or Zinn to know your enemy....
You assume I haven't read Chomsky...?

Are you kidding?

The only place "passive anarchists" and "anarcho-capitalists" differ is in their view of personal possession.

You either believe in the personal right to possession, or you don't; and you either believe it is morally acceptable to defend your possession(s), or you don't.

Beyond that, you are left only with Marx/Engels versus Hitler/Goebbels, who were ALL capitalists- they simply believed that "organized" central ownership was somehow superior to personal ownership, and would yield greater benefits to society. The only reason such viewpoints fail under real scrutiny is that NO society can overcome or defeat self-determination, and no amount of social centralization can exist without the need to overcome or repress dissenting viewpoints; and dissent springs from self-determination... See how it forms the perfect circular reference?

The more "left-wing" the centrists "in charge" tend to be, the more "right wing" the masses will trend... and ditto the inverse.

Whether you call it "radical", or "rebellious" or "revolutionary" thinking, dissent is merely the expression of our cognition that tells us that things are probably not so "safe" in the herd as they may appear to be.

What is concerning is that today, dissent might just get the dissenter labeled with the uber-scary "terrorist" label, which the "centrists" have decided (amongst themselves) gives them license to suppress such dissent with the force of death.

I think I prefer to be seen as a "rebel" or an "anarchist", or even a "libertarian" to being seen as a "terrorist"; but I, like Chomsky, understand that NONE of these terms actually describe anything fundamentally different about me as a self-determined human being.

Chomsky is a genius- he understands that most humans are slaves to vocabulary, and because it is far simpler to serve this master than it is to free your mind and dwell in the realm of conceptual thinking, most humans prefer (and aggressively defend) their servitude.

I, however, simply enjoy a cold beer now and then.

Last edited:

Kenny

Great artists say and do stupid stuff just like the rest of us....Zappa was always mad about people being in his pocket....ho hum...who isn't
Ho hum, always? funny he didn't mention that being a problem in his book. Next time you're up I'll loan it to you and I think you'll find it a good read, or not.:think:

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
I, personally, think "Valley Girl" was Zappa's greatest work of musical genius....

I'm certain it would HAVE to be Kenny's favorite Zappa song, as well. :cool:

Kenny

I, personally, think "Valley Girl" was Zappa's greatest work of musical genius....

I'm certain it would HAVE to be Kenny's favorite Zappa song, as well. :cool:
Nope.. Frank was in Cucamuga for some time and I was right below in Upland in 63. I was long gone from Cali when the mutant "Valley girls" surfaced. This was it, 1966
[video=youtube;IDE9MC3jnl0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDE9MC3jnl0&list=PL65E2BFB88DC87EB6[/video]

Stinkfoot..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l56BvNtEbdc&feature=player_embedded#at=37

Last edited: