I'm so glad I finally found you guys!

dwig222

I've been wondering what happened to the old board. I know there was lots of trouble over there and it was eventually shut down. We just came back from RP today and I was looking for a board to chat about all the changes down there. Wow, it's just not the same anymore. First JJ's food with canned beans? What's with that? No more Old Port Galley, sadly. The little bakery with the one armed man closed because he has passed away, was very sad. It was like a ghost town during the week. To see Playa Miramar and Playa Elegante just sitting there and thinking about all the fun we had there for 30 years. Everything seems to have changed. At least the shrimp is still good. Brought back 20 pounds!

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Dwig222, ___ "I'm so glad I finally found you guys", ___ "LAST FAMOUS WORDS OF MANY" ___Walk easy Babe, Walk easy, ___ All of the cats that were on the old forum
are now entrenched here,___ just like a green snot, :lol: :lol: :lol: & they already have their sites on you, just waiting for you to slip up, ___ :lol: :lol: :lol: ___ I myself am in the middle of another big ol beef, ___ and I'm one of the GOOD guys, ___ I'll tell you what,___ go over & vote ___ NO, &
I'll look out for you here,___ Deal ?, ___

I Am The, ___ "GREAT HAPPY", ___ No Bull Here, ___

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Hey ___ Dwig222, ___ thats a ___ YES VOTE, ___
sorry, I think someone is playing with the voting poll, :lol: :lol: :lol:

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
dwig222 said:
I've been wondering what happened to the old board. I know there was lots of trouble over there and it was eventually shut down. We just came back from RP today and I was looking for a board to chat about all the changes down there. Wow, it's just not the same anymore. First JJ's food with canned beans? What's with that? No more Old Port Galley, sadly. The little bakery with the one armed man closed because he has passed away, was very sad. It was like a ghost town during the week. To see Playa Miramar and Playa Elegante just sitting there and thinking about all the fun we had there for 30 years. Everything seems to have changed. At least the shrimp is still good. Brought back 20 pounds!
Welcome! Sad to see so many things have changed :(

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Hey Dwig, glad you found us! Ramon, from Old Port Galley, started his own restaurant about a year ago. He still has all you can eat fish and chips but the price is now 10 bucks. Still worth every penny! The directions to his new restaurant are in the restaurant thread. Basically, turn right at Portugal's, go past the Ace Hardware and about 4 or 5 more blocks, turn right on the street that has a flower shop on the corner. You can see the restaurant from Simon Morua.
Everything I have ever eaten in there has been YUMMAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, I've only eaten 2 other things 'cause I LOVE the fish!

Yeah, every time I see the lot that was Playa Miramar, I am just sick. We could still be there, drinking Pacificos and helping each other change tires. :( :x :cry: Argh!

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Ladyjeeper said:
Hey Dwig, glad you found us! Ramon, from Old Port Galley, started his own restaurant about a year ago. He still has all you can eat fish and chips but the price is now 10 bucks. Still worth every penny! The directions to his new restaurant are in the restaurant thread. Basically, turn right at Portugal's, go past the Ace Hardware and about 4 or 5 more blocks, turn right on the street that has a flower shop on the corner. You can see the restaurant from Simon Morua.
Everything I have ever eaten in there has been YUMMAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, I've only eaten 2 other things 'cause I LOVE the fish!

Yeah, every time I see the lot that was Playa Miramar, I am just sick. We could still be there, drinking Pacificos and helping each other change tires. :( :x :cry: Argh!
Hmm, all you can eat fish and chips?!? I might have to try that when I'm down there next.

Won't be able to find it, so I hope you're there when I'm there next so you can show me the way!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I'm going down for 10 days starting May 10th. Pick your time and we'll have us some fish! :mrgreen:

tyler

I like pie.
Staff member
Boo :( That's when I'm going on my cruise for my birthday!

Maybe in a few months, I got a brand new puppy that I don't like to leave either :(

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Bring the pup. Let me know when you are going. I never need much persuasion to go to PP!

dwig222

Lady Jeeper, I remember when you had to leave your spot at Miramar. Where did you go? Did you get a new RV spot or did you get one of those condo/apts you were looking at? We have been forced to rent a condo, but we found a nice one for $75 a night directly from the owner with no additional fees. We go for four nights mid week and it's not too bad. It limits our trips down there, but it's nice to just be there. I know exactly where Ace Hardware is, so Ramons will be on our list if we can go at the end of the month. I'm going to find out where Sr. C's daughter's bakery is and maybe check out a few places in the restaurant section. I used to buy those white cookies by the dozens from the bakery and freeze them. Delicious.

One new discovery. We bought the "premium" pineapple from Lays for two bucks each and it was to die for.

Tyler
Hey I also just got a new puppy too. What did you get ? I got a Basset, 9 weeks today.
I understand we can not get rabies shots until 6 months and so no passport for the pups.

don

Heya' Pretty Lady!

Wher' ya' staying at? At this point we're planning on a trip starting on the 17th thru 24th. We are also looking at just heading to San Carlos though... Perhaps we can hook up for the trip to bird island? :boat:

We'll be bringing along two older dogs but also a pup of about 7 weeks. And since she is too young for rabies shots we are hoping the other two certificates will suffice. We'll just make a third copy of one of the certificates for the pup ;) .

Any comments?

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Hi Don,
Which pretty lady are you referring to, me or Dwig? I'll be at PDO north 40 space 349. Ooohhhh a ride on your big pretty boat! I'm making rum swizzles for all! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

don

Hey Jeeper, aka Pretty Lady!

I was referring to you. I do not know dwig. :?: Lets hope for a calm ocean.
:boat:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Thanks Don, :D
We'll be there the 10th and returning home the afternoon of the 18th. I don't think the time frame will work as you are arriving Sun. and I have to leave Monday. I guess I could leave late on Monday if we were to take a little boat ride Monday morning. Or I could take an extra day or two on the back end and not go down until Tuesday night or something. Let me know.....

don

Dangit!
I'd love to arrive on the 16th. That may be a possibility. Still trying to secure a place thru a couple of friends. Uhh, any interest in catchin' fishies? Gotta' catch 'em if we wanna' fry 'em.