Increased Car and Truck Thefts

A

arizona ravelco

Wanted to introduce myself...

My name is Clark Lund and I am the Ravelco Distributor for the greater Phoenix area as well as the northern half of the state. I have had the honor of installing a few systems into members vehicle's of this site and wanted to pass on the opportunity to the rest of the community.

I've been told that auto theft has increased recently south of the boarder, especially when it comes to Ford pick ups. The Ravelco system, that I personally install in your vehicle, was established in 1976, has over 4 million installed worldwide, and has NEVER BEEN DEFEATED! What makes our anti-theft system different is that it PREVENTS the theft from occurring in the first place, the other systems on the market are more focused on recovery.

If you would like more information on the Ravelco system log on to our website...

http://arizonaravelco.com/

or feel free to call me on my cell (480-239-2108).

Thanks,

Clark Lund
Exclusive Ravelco Distributor
Ravelco of Northern Arizona

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Hi Clark, welcome!

I'm sure you've gotten several installs from our crew here -- you should be an expert at doing SuperDuties by now!!! :-D

jerry

Well Known Member
Hi Clark, welcome!

I'm sure you've gotten several installs from our crew here -- you should be an expert at doing SuperDuties by now!!! :-D
having observed an install(fan of the product) I think there are a couple questions one needs to ask himself and the installer
INSTALLER: Since the install is part art(hiding the wires) part science how many installs have you done on my model?...problems....estimated time to install.....failure records....if i have a problem how fast do you fix it ?
OWNER: for 500 bucks could i up my coverage to a level that would replace the truck flat out if i plan on only owning it for a few more years.?

A

arizona ravelco

Stuart,

I am doing a lot more Super Duties these days that's for sure. Wanted to thank you again for throwing my business out there to the masses, I really appreciate it. I plan on being on the boarder, the Friday of July 4th weekend at the gas station promoting the Ravelco system...hope to see you then. Take care. Clark

Hi Clark, welcome!

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Dog, in a nutshell, it's a completely passive system, meaning it doesn't need electricity of any sort to operate. Not even a battery. Once it's installed, it completely kills all the traditional methods thiefs use to hotwire a vehicle. It's so time consuming to try and figure out that the thief will simply give up and go steal something else. It's truly an anti-theft system, not an alarm system like Viper.

I'm sure Clark would be happy to point out the many other advantages. Take a look at the Ravelco website he listed for details.

A

arizona ravelco

Jerry,

Glad to hear you are already a fan. I agree the install of the product is the key to my success in this business. Anyone can rig up a security system under the dash but the art comes from a combination of hiding and concealing the wires to make them appear as if they were factory installed…that’s one of the best things about my job…I’m passionate about it…not only the product itself but also the ability to create (hide) wiring systems from thieves…it’s a challenge that I take personally. I’m not sure what model truck you have but I would be happy to let you know how many installs of that particular vehicle I have done. The estimated time per install is 4 to 5 hours, depending on the vehicle…newer Ford diesel trucks push the 6 hour range but I did a Tahoe the other day in 3.5 hours. No failure records…the system is a quality product, thus the 30 plus years Ravelco has been in business. The solid 16 prong plug has 5 black identical wires (same color and size) that are wired differently into the plug every time (no master plugs), the wires are protected with a metal wire loom and black plastic wire loom (for the factory look) and hardwired through the firewall and into circuits under the hood (those wires are also surrounded by black wire loom and concealed into the other electrical components of your vehicle)…thieves are looking to get in and out quickly, there is no way to do that with the extensive steps we take during an install. I have my cell phone with me everyday and my customers are welcome to call me anytime for information or questions.

Coverage questions: I would check with your insurance agent but I’ve been told that replacement coverage is pretty expensive. I’ve also been told by a lot of auto theft victims that the post factory upgrades added to their cars were not covered, which in some cases is a lot of money. Instead of paying $500 semi-annually for upgraded insurance and still wondering if your truck will be in the driveway in the morning…I could install a Ravelco system for the one time price of $500 and take a lot of those worries away.

If you have any other question please feel free to throw them my way.

Take care, Clark

InkaRoads

cronopiador
Why is your product better than lets say "viper". I'v heard of them but not your product.
All car alarms regardless of brand name are basically the same and as soon as they come to the market between a couple of days thief know how to disable them, therefore the reason why they are no good for all the money you pay, sometimes even more than the $500 the ravelco cost.
About 15 years ago I used to install alarms in cars and I will tell all my customers that alarmas are just a deterrant not a sure thing, some thief rather go to the car with out an alarm but if they like your car and they know their stuff they can disable a Viper, audiovox or any other brand car alarm in the market, like Clark I used to expend hours hidding wires to make it more difficult but at the end all the thief needed was a few seconds to find the brain and disable the alarm.
I had a kill switch (relay) and a toggle switch to enable/disable kill switch the cost was about $5 and my blazer with the top off was never stolen even from the dark and bad areas of town. Go figure!! :eek3:

Last edited:

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I never even considered the insurance aspects, but that's a very valid point. A set of name-brand, good quality oversized off-road tires and some big fancy-schmancy rims can cost thousands. Unless your paying extra to insure them, expect the insurance coverage to be for a stock set of factory wheels and tires. That's not even taking into account the nice lift kits and other accessories you see on so many trucks these days.

You don't really think about a lot of these things until it happens to you (or in my case, almost happened). It was a wake-up call for me because even though my truck is a few years old, it's in good shape and paid for. What insurance would have paid me wouldn't have even replaced it like and kind.

jerry

Well Known Member
it would be nice if they made an identical plug that was sort of like an egg timer you could give the guy if you were jacked...after 10 minutes the emergency lights go on and the car stops

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Five 33x12:50 Goodyear Kevlar mud-terrains, mounted and balanced and road hazard insurance. 1500 bucks. 5 "nice" rims. 500 bucks. 5 inch lift, 1000 bucks. 411 gears, 1000 bucks, 2 air lockers, 2000 bucks. That's 6 thou off the top and that doesn't include the heavy duty clutch and all metal heavy duty radiator upgrade, nor the K and N air filter, CB and antenna, Optima red top battery, Currie Anti Rock sway bar, hi lift jack and a thousand other "little" things. When I figured out how much I had in my Jeep, I almost died. You all know that JEEP stands for "Just Empty Every Pocket", don't you?:aagh:(I love my aagh smilie! Thanks Stuart!) But, my Jeep is sooooo much fun! I wouldn't trade her for the Hilton high life, ever!

Last edited:
A

arizona ravelco

InkaRoads,

I'm not the kind of guy to argue over email and the majority of what you're saying is true...almost all systems out there can be defeated...except ours if it is installed properly. Check out our product and if you have time I can arrange to have the distributor down in Tucson meet with you and 'shadow' his next install to get a better idea of our system...or you're always welcome to check out one of mine in the valley. Take care, Clark.

A

arizona ravelco

playaperro,

You'll see in a lot of these blogs, on my website and the national Ravelco website that the 'viper' system as well as the other systems such as LoJack or OnStar are nice to have (standard alarms that make noise, that no one pays attention to anymore and the other two are reactive systems...meaning your car has to be stolen before you activate them) but the Ravelco system is the only PREVENTATIVE anti-theft device with a proven track record of over 30 years. The reason you haven't heard of Ravelco is that the owner never advertised his product...he started out in 1976 on the east coast and has made the home of this organization in Houston, TX, where he currently resides. We have over 4 million installed worldwide and are continuing to grow with our reputation and product. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks. Clark

Dog, in a nutshell, it's a completely passive system, meaning it doesn't need electricity of any sort to operate. Not even a battery. Once it's installed, it completely kills all the traditional methods thiefs use to hotwire a vehicle. It's so time consuming to try and figure out that the thief will simply give up and go steal something else. It's truly an anti-theft system, not an alarm system like Viper.

I'm sure Clark would be happy to point out the many other advantages. Take a look at the Ravelco website he listed for details.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
az ravelco I guess you misunderstood what I was saying, in my original post I said "alarm systems" and as you know ravelco product is not an alarm system, it disable the whole vehicle in a manner that it is not the same as an alarm system with the whistles and bells included, the only posible similarity, as you know, might be the starter kill, I should have probably clarify that the ravelco product is superior to any and all alarm systems in the market, IMHO, I guess that is what you are saying and I back you up 100%. I am very well aware of what it takes to install the ravelco as well as an alarm system, so thanks but no thanks I do not need to be present in one of your installations or for that matter the Tucson rep's install.

A

arizona ravelco

Arizona Ravelco End of Summer Promotion!!!!

Just wanted to let you all know that we are having an End of Summer Promotion (The 'Fall Season' is upon us...in theory any way, not in temperature).

Any car or truck...$50.00 off...and we will come to you for the install, home or work whichever is more convenient.

Take care and be safe.

Clark
Ravelco of Northern Arizona
NOTMYCAR.COM

T

Tomcat

Sounds like a great system BUT a alarm system should protect you where every you are and against many things. I added a cheap motion sensor radio signal device to my motorcycle which I set to a sensitive level to go off when the bike is clicked to any gear... Neutral from first gear to roll it away. The motion sensor sends a signal up to a 1/2 mile away to a belt clip unit that looks and sounds like a pager.

This may sound over kill BUT remember not all thieves drive your vehicle away ! Some have PU's and some have tow trucks. I know as I was shopping and my pager went off and I caught a tow truck driver hooking up my corvette in a mall parking lot. Busted !!!!! Oh well just my two peso's

T

Tomcat

Opppss sorry misstype in my last post... not a motion sensor ! It is a Vibration sensor trigger's the radio signal to the pager. No alarm sounds on the vehicle. The last unit I bought at Radio shack a few years back when I picked up a coil kill switch. It was under $50.

A

arizona ravelco

Glad to hear you got your vette back! Here's my thoughts...any theft deterrent for your vehicle will give you an advantage over the car thieves. Just imagine your Radio Shack Vibration sensor with a Ravelco system, now you've upped your anti-theft level one more degree. A lot of my customers have other systems in place or add them after just for that reason. Unlike these other systems the Ravelco has a 30 year track record and has never been hot wired...be careful of the inexpensive alarm/vibration systems, they don't always work. Take care and enjoy those cooler temps in Payson.

jerry

Well Known Member
The boss has one on his jeep and the installer did a great,very detailed job.You feel better about it sitting outside the movie theater.Just don't kid yourself it is just another tool in your anti theft tool box..you need more tools

"Unbeatable, Tell it to the owner of the F350 King Ranch that had his truck towed to our shop last month to remove the bypassed Ravelco.
Truck was recovered by the RCMP mines leather seats and $10,000 in construction tools and truck tool box.

Bypass was done at the plug, all wires where cut and then pairs twisted together until the right combo was achieved. looks like the "undestructable" metal wire sheathing was cut away with a set of aircraft snips, to expose enough wire to make twisting pairs together easier.
The turd icing on the cake, all connections were crimp butt connections, not a single soldered one." From Honda tech forum

Last edited: