Is it possible to buy a house in RP, for less then $75,000.00 not on the beach?

Roberto

The new INFONAVIT homes being built around town are in that price range. Smaller, maybe 600 Sf homes on very small lots, built in groups. You see these developments all over Sonora. Drive into the development as you enter town where the big overhead sign is. That is an INFONAVIT development. Mexicans can buy them financed with credits they accrue from working. A great deal for them. As a non-Mexican I think you would have to pay cash.

You will find a a wide variety of existing in-town homes offered in this price range also. These homes in this price range tend to be on lots larger than INFONAVIT, but the homes are of mixed construction and more often than not, unfinished. You will often find bare concrete floors and exposed interior studs, etc. Usually they are owner built homes worked on as money is available. Usually the owners will sell unfurnished which means they take the entire kitchen, including the cabinets off the wall and the interior doors as well. Be sure that the property can be sold, many properties that have been given to the owners by the government cannot be sold outside the family. Also be sure the person offering the property is the person named on the Title.

Remember, the only legal way you can own property in Mexico is with a Bank Trust if you are not a Mexican citizen. If offered any other form of 'ownership' be aware that you might be breaking the law and could have the property taken from you. Bank financing is virtually impossible here but some owners will finance a sale which is OK with a good contract.

If you or anyone else might be interested in a nice lot in a good neighborhood with all utilities and a 5th wheel as a starter I know of several possibilities. You can get in for less than your target. All no more than 5 blocks to the sea. Send me a PM if interested.

Disclaimer: I am not now nor have I ever been a Realtor. I do not hold the required License. I do hang out in a real estate office maintaining a web site and tend to keep up with prices and properties and would be pleased to share this information. I am interested in seeing people get a fair shake and understand real estate in Mexico before they buy.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
The infonavit homes on the highway north of town start at around 20k and you can get the 2 story 2 bed 2 bath for around 45k it is a steal. They are nice looking and we know several families that live out there and they like it. In town there are many houses available in the 75 k range. You have to look and you have to be patient and it helps to have a local take you around to search out the possibilities. Don't rush it is my advice.

Roberto

In checking, Dee at Twin Dolphins has a 2 Bed/ 3 Bath condo, off Sandy Beach, In-town, nice ready to move in asking $65,000. Furnished with gated parking.

Last edited: