It's an outrage!!!!!!!!!

I have never been so pissed off trying to cross the border as I was yesterday. It was bad enough that the line was back to Wendy's, but then you have these M***********S that pass on the shoulder and bully their way in to get ahead in line. WTF is up with this????? I can't believe people do this........are we in grade school or what folks??? I had a good mind to get out and walk along side the truck so no one else could get by, but Bruce would never have allowed it. Honestly, I don't know about some people........... On the plus side though, the customs agent (when we finally got there 65 minutes later) was the nicest guy we've encountered yet. He had a Jamaiican accent and when we pulled up, he said "hello Mr. and Mrs. Bradford (first time that has happened and we flash our cards everytime), how are you today?" We responsed "we're fine, how are you?" He then asked where we were coming from, how long were we there, did we have a good time (to which we responded "of course, as always") and are we bringing anything back.........never even looked in the truck. He then said "welcome back to your home country and drive safely!!!! If we had gotten hassled, I think I would have blown my top........but it was all good and partially made up for the asshole passers!!!!!!!!

BIG MAC

I don't know if this was the case yesterday, but I have been in the line as it went down the hill past Wendy's and the Sonoyta police instruct people to form a second line down the right shoulder. I have been in one of the cars that was told to get in the line on the shoulder and it can be like getting stuck between a rock and a hard place. On one side is an annoyed mexican police officer pointing and waving at you to follow the cars down the right side, and on the other side is a line of pissed off (understandably so) border crossers who think you are just being an a**hole. It does not make for a more pleasurable crossing for anyone.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I've been stuck in one or the other lane on Holiday weekends and it's no fun for anybody. However, if the Mexican police didn't make the double lane, traffic would totally clog Sonoita.

We came back on Sunday. Had one car in front of us. I hate sitting in traffic at the border, so we either come home early or leave late.

don

Yeah, I've gotta agree with BIG MAC. We were also forced by the Mexican police to start a second line. We were in the front towing the boat, tight squeeze at times. Got lots of fingers from folks we passed. I can understand their frustration, and have had been in that line like Stu and thought the same things! Still its a bitch, whichever line you get in. At the head of the line, folks refused to let me in. I got out of my rig and explained circumstances and then was kindly waved in. Hope I never have to do that again.

Stu, did you get out on the water?

Last edited:
Same here...I have been ordered by the Mexican police at the end of the line to form the new line on the shoulder.

garyd

Beachgirl is it possible all the MFs you spoke of were told to go to the right? I remember last Thanksgiving visiting friends in Sonoita and as we left their house to go back to the Border we got flipped off by prople who thought we were trying to cut in line when all we were trying to do was turn left from a side road and get in line.

Definitely it's because the police form a double line. Now if they would only wise up, and get their heads out of their a$$es, and stop forcing the 2 lines to merge back into a single line right before the gate, things would be better. There is enough room through the gate for 2 lines to go. The only time I get pissed nowadays is when the bikers go up the hill on the other side shoulder and then cut in at the border. Anyone have any roofing nails????

I don't give a rat's ass if they were told to do it or not..........you don't come flying by everyone, driving like a maniac, squeezing between cars and road signs or the drop off on the shoulder, and try to butt your way in. It's just rude. I was not aware that the Mexican police started doing this. I never saw anyone telling anybody what to do......if one person, just one person would have stopped and said the police were making them do it, then that would have been appreciated. I think it was more of people wanting to get home sooner................

I forgot to mention that while we were sitting there becoming more annoyed by the minute, we looked at each other and said "this is why we stopped coming home on holidays". (It's been quite a few years). It's something that will never happen again. Regarding my post above, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

Julie....I think all of us have gone thru the blood pressure rise/I want to kill someone moment with that second line when the local police form it.....and you always have some idiot playing chicken with you when the lines have to merge again.....if everyone would just alternate as they got there, everything would work out well.

I stopped heading back on sundays a long time ago (unless I leave super early like Chuck does, or stay late).....on holidays, I try to stay that extra day.

garyd

"if one person, just one person would have stopped and said the police were making them do it, then that would have been appreciated. I think it was more of people wanting to get home sooner................" OK Beachgirl the next time the police tell me to make a double line I will make sure to stop by and let you know. By the way how will I know which car or truck to stop at?

Ok garyd, you won't have the chance because, as I said, we're not doing that again. So you just keep doing what you do...............

"if one person, just one person would have stopped and said the police were making them do it, then that would have been appreciated. I think it was more of people wanting to get home sooner................" OK Beachgirl the next time the police tell me to make a double line I will make sure to stop by and let you know. By the way how will I know which car or truck to stop at?
Comedian....you should try out for one of the "talent" shows.......

Just let Julie have her moment of venting.....if you go down to Penasco enough, you too will have the need for one of those moments with the idiocy that frequently occurs at the border!!

ernesto

I have been both the victim and the benefactor of "the splt". Believe me Julie, when that cop waves you over to the right, he means business. There is no doubt who is in charge there.