Jeep cherokees in r.p.

So after all the chaos the last couple of weeks and the fact that Jeep Cherokees seem to be the vehicles of choice for gunmen, we made it a point this past weekend to look out for Jeep Cherokees. To our amazement, there seems to be a ton per capita in RP and Sonoyta. I don't know if that means they are easier to steal from the States or Mexico sells a lot of them, but literally couldn't drive very far without seeing one. Many also have extremely tinted windows so you can't see the passengers.

jerry

So after all the chaos the last couple of weeks and the fact that Jeep Cherokees seem to be the vehicles of choice for gunmen, we made it a point this past weekend to look out for Jeep Cherokees. To our amazement, there seems to be a ton per capita in RP and Sonoyta. I don't know if that means they are easier to steal from the States or Mexico sells a lot of them, but literally couldn't drive very far without seeing one. Many also have extremely tinted windows so you can't see the passengers.
The jeep Cherokee is the vehicle of choice for the great minds of the criminal underground....watch the red ones...they are trouble

Kenny

I have one, so you're not telling me anything I haven't noticed for years... Boy, do I get the once over in certain areas.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey Kenny, try wearing your fish scarin' outfit..............maybe then it wouldn't happen in those certain areas:-o

fasteddy

I have a blue one, Once I bought it I noticed immediatley how many were located there. My family gets pretty upset with me saying "there's a jeep" in referencing the cherokee.

In fact Kenny, I'm heading up to Crown King in the jeep and then down Senator Highway to visit Peddlers Pass for a little swap meet visit. Probably stay around for lunch and enjoy some of the weather you guys have.
Ed

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Make sure you have the Patty Melt in the Crown King Saloon. Yummay! The best I ever had!!!!!!

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
OH, NO I HAVE TO LEAVE COLORADO NEVER TO RETURN - OH, THE VIOLENCE!:shock:

Manhunt under way in Northern Colorado

FORT COLLINS - Police are searching for an armed robbery suspect Tuesday morning.
Comments

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
:shock:IT'S GETTING CLOSER! HELP!:shock:

Body pulled out of Clear Creek

GOLDEN - A body was pulled out of Clear Creek on Monday night right behind the Golden Police Department building and police say it is being treated as a homicide investigation.

Mentiras y Traición

Sonoran Goddess
Well, at least they are getting some of the criminals off the streets in Colorado!

Authorities arrest suspect in kidnapping of hikers

BOULDER - The man arrested after police say he tied up a man and woman at gunpoint in the mountains west of Boulder over the weekend has been arrested multiple times before, according to a review of arrest records by 9Wants to Know.
Comments

Kenny

In fact Kenny, I'm heading up to Crown King in the jeep and then down Senator Highway to visit Peddlers Pass for a little swap meet visit. Probably stay around for lunch and enjoy some of the weather you guys have.
Ed
That's a great little swap meet Ed, and I was there again Sunday. Try to get there kinda early though, people up here think it's hot when it hits 80, and start packing up their stuff.

Last edited:

fasteddy

80! i think our low is going to be 87! Anyway I'm hoping to be in Crown King around 8 a.m. for breakfast. Anybody know how long it will take me to come down Senator highway to town?

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Dangerous? Snicker! I haven't been down it in years either but seem to remember it was 3 or 4 hours.......

Kenny

Dangerous? Snicker! I haven't been down it in years either but seem to remember it was 3 or 4 hours.......
It seems that some people think if they don't have guard rails, it's a invitation to see if they can make their car into a hang glider.

Last edited:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I have a T-shirt from Pikes Peak that says "Real women don't need guardrails." LOL! There is a checkpoint on the way down where they check to see if your brakes are overheated. The guy looked at me and said mine were the least hot brakes he's ever seen on that road. I just said gears, gears, gears!!!!! LOL!