Just starting out

Matt

Hi all,my name is Matt and I enjoy this site alot.Been going to RP or along time.I have a spot @ PDO's north forty#340 casa de los pelot #2.Just finished restoring my boat and can't wait to get out after some lunkers!Hope to meet some of you in the future.. Matt :

Hey Matt

Sorry I did not get this yesterday. We are also PDO and have been set up in #89. As my wife still is active in the business we will ot be able to get back down until about the end of the month so we put all in storage. We left this am and don't know where we will be next time.
Welcome to the active.

Matt

Hi Bill,Thanks for your reply.Bummer you had to leave as I suspect it is quite nice down there!Unfortunatly we don't get to spend as much time as we would like throughout the year as we both work our tails off!Luckily we are going to spend 5 days towards the end of the month with a lot of family.Hope to be able to get out and do some fishing and just plain relax.

Matt

Kelney

Matt
So what kind of boat did you restore? Older boats are never fully restored, they are a continued work in progress! Right Bill?

don

"Hi and Welcome Matt!"
Lots of great folks on this site, but you've probably seen that already.

I'm planning on a trip next weekend. Will you be around at PDO then? Do you keep your boat at PDO? We're not sure where we'll be staying, either PDO (if they have space), a hotel or ??

Have you been out fishing yet?

Don

Matt

Hi all sorry it took so long to reply,dumb computer locked up right after I signed up.My boat is a 24 foot newman.OMC stern drive unfortunately but she runs well.I'm thinking I won't go out to far until I am more confident in the boat and myself.But as long as I"m fishing or just sitting with a cold one I'm a happy camper.We'll be heading down early the 22nd and staying until monday(stupid work!) so if anybody's down I'd like to meet you.

B

bahiatrader

You might want to consider putting a 15 - 25 hp. "kicker" motor on just for maneuvering and mostly an emergency motor to get you in.