La Cita

El Gato

Has any one been to La Cita lately? Noticed their ad in the Rocky Point Times. From 1957 on my father had breakfast there almost every morning when he was down here. My kids would show up around 4pm for the most wonderful shrimp cocktails in the world - fresh and served in an old fashioned milk shake glass. I tried my first Mole Poblano Pollo here and became hooked for life - I keep trying it else where but never found it as great as it was at La Cita. At that time is was in the Old Port (of course at that time almost everything was in the Old Port - which was just called town or the port. My age is showing lol

Now to convince my DH he really wants to take me out one of these days.

rplarry

Has any one been to La Cita lately? Noticed their ad in the Rocky Point Times. From 1957 on my father had breakfast there almost every morning when he was down here. My kids would show up around 4pm for the most wonderful shrimp cocktails in the world - fresh and served in an old fashioned milk shake glass. I tried my first Mole Poblano Pollo here and became hooked for life - I keep trying it else where but never found it as great as it was at La Cita. At that time is was in the Old Port (of course at that time almost everything was in the Old Port - which was just called town or the port. My age is showing lol

Now to convince my DH he really wants to take me out one of these days.
I have recently been to La Cita and couldn't believe, after all those years of being closed, the food, the recipes, the ambiance and even the the layout of the restaurant are almost identical to the great La Cita of Old Port. I heard that a niece took over her great aunt's recipes and re-opened La Cita in almost identical fashion as the legendary and original La Cita once stood.

There was no better all around restaurant for breakfast, lunch or dinner than La Cita. It was kind of the "La Curva" of its day. They were always open really early for breakfast and there was nothing better than getting there at the crack of dawn, before launching out of the marina for a day of fishing, and knocking down a big plate of Mexican style eggs con machaca. Not to mention the fresh squeezed O.J. they would do all morning long right of the back countertop. Then, they would pack up a "to-go" plastic bag of those little rolled up bean burritos for a day on the water. Of course, accompanied by their awesome green salsa.

Those were the days. Nice they have re-opened because the food is pretty much identical, minus the smell of the Old Port and the slice of water view from the outside patio.

Great memories!

El Gato

Hi....

Where is the place now....ya got us that we have to give it a try!

Thanks
They have an ad in the RP Times - May edition which has a map. They are on Av.Cuauhtermoc #48 between Sonora and Melchor Ocampo. Also advertise 50% off for 60 and older senors. Also have delivery service but doesn't indicate if delivery area is limited. Hours 7am to 9pm. Tel: 383-2270

AZ ROB

We have been eating there for atleast a year now ask to see the Photo Album. Great food and great friends.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
I had Chilequilas, yesterday at La Cita for breakfast, the red chile was just perfect, nothing out of a can at this place.

MIRAMAR

My first Mexican shrimp cocktail was at La Cita, and I was just telling my husband how good it was when this thread popped up. I'm so glad it is up and running again- how much are the large shrimp cocktails?

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
My first Mexican shrimp cocktail was at La Cita, and I was just telling my husband how good it was when this thread popped up. I'm so glad it is up and running again- how much are the large shrimp cocktails?
Miramar, the cocktail is 80 pesos and is still served in a malt glass. Here is what an empty one looks like.IMG_0089.jpgWhat I won't do for some people, If I could I would put some Vicente Fernandez music on here for you.IMG_0092.jpg

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Where is La Cita now?
Between Sonora and Melchor O'Campo on Cuahutemoc, if you turn east on Sonora, in front of Pollo Lucas (On Benito Juarez) go 3 or 4 blocks to Cuahutemoc and make a left. By the way it's the same menu from the original.

Last edited:
We stumbled across it one day last year at breakfast time (because it's located near where my favorite bakery used to be) and just loved it. We haven't been back since (just kind of forgot about it really), but we are definitely going there this next trip!! And, if they deliver to PDO, they'll get even more of our business:)