La Curva

fishman

Colorado Fishman
As always La Curva has the best food in town. If you haven't been there, try it. Follow the signs on the green overhead walkway. Hot,Fresh and Fast. Awesome, Been eating there 20+ years. Try the Mexican Seafood Combo:-D

rplarry

As always La Curva has the best food in town. If you haven't been there, try it. Follow the signs on the green overhead walkway. Hot,Fresh and Fast. Awesome, Been eating there 20+ years. Try the Mexican Seafood Combo:-D
Great food, great service (Norma is the best) , arguably the BEST MARGARITAS in town.

If you like FLOUNDER, the Fish Veracruzano is fantastic. Very large portion. For Mexican food we like the Green Chicken Enchiladas, the Drunken Shrimp (if you're not on a diet) with tortillas and beans, and/or the Nachos Especial. For breakfast, nothing beats the Mexican Style Eggs with Shrimp, served with potatoes, beans & tortillas.

(don't forget to ask for the "GREEN SALSA", which is not brought out to the table and only available upon request. As good or better than the RED)

Only downside lately regarding La Curva, which hasn't inhibited us from going yet, is their prices continue to rise and seem to rival that of a fine dining restaurant. (we sometimes eat there 2x in a day, and several times during our stay) Granted the food qualifies, however it's not like it's beachfront, if you know what I mean....

Lastly, La Curva does a great job of take-out as well. Makes it convenient to call your order in and be able to have a nice dinner on the beach at sunset!

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Is True Story Erma,

A few yrs. ago, I made the ~~~ BIG MISTAKE ~~~ of taking someones recomendation of eating @ La Curva ( aka SLOP HOUSE !!! )

The result was ~~~ long story short, ~~~ I had to haul ass like a son of a bitch, ~~~ back across the border, ended up @ St. Joseph's Hospital ER, ~ ~ ~ TOMAIN POISONING !!!!!!

& to make matters ~~~ WORSE ~~~ my poor little dog ~~~ "Bubbles" ~~~ that I gave some leftovers to, ~ ~ ~ ( that little dog ate ANYTHING I gave him ) ~ ~ ~ well that little
f#$%er went to the vet. ER for 3-days, ~ ~ ~ to have his stomach pumped out,

ANYONE ~~~ that thinks La Curva serves up Mex. food ~~~ MUST ~~~ be from the east coast !!!

~~~ Is True Story Erma

Jack Stien, ~~~ AKA, THE WEETA

Last edited:

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
Did the prices go up? :ham:
They are another RP business in trouble owners Lupe and Jaime are trying to sell off some properties to make ends meet. They have gotten very expensive for the quality of the food. 155.00 pesos for a carne milanesa aka chicken fried steak a 7 or 8 dllr. dinner in the states.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I *know* how much Happy hates La Curva. But, my wife loves it and we're family there. Pricing is better when you bring your own fish in! Plus, share the wealth with El Jeffe and the staff. But yes, I agree a lot of the restaurants are more expensive than what they used to be. Even for tacos!

Happy, if it's any consolation, I once got sick eating at La Curva, too. I had chicken enchiladas. And boy-oh-boy was I tore up for the next couple days! Imodium was my best friend! Lesson learned - avoid ordering chicken anything in Mexico. But, I figured that once in the hundreds of times I've eaten there is a pretty good average overall. Had a similar experience with the Friendly Dolphin one trip, but never returned there. Still, people swear by that place.

lagrimas85

AKA Carnac
A big problem in Mexico is the growing and handling of the lettuce and cabbage this is grown in fields and irrigated, alot of poor people live along these canals and use them for their bathrooms, what you thought was the chicken may not have been. We wash all our leafy food in a salt water solution and rinse the crap out of them, I got sick in Mexicali on cabbage one time and thought I was going to die. Its even better to avoid eating those vegetables.

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Chicken Taco !!!

~~~ Hey Stuart, ~~~ next time have one of their chicken taco "SPECIALS", ~~~

~~~ 1/2 chicken, & 1/2 DOG, ~~~ MAYBE NOT SO FRESH ROAD KILL, !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ~~~

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
A big problem in Mexico is the growing and handling of the lettuce and cabbage this is grown in fields and irrigated, alot of poor people live along these canals and use them for their bathrooms, what you thought was the chicken may not have been. We wash all our leafy food in a salt water solution and rinse the crap out of them, I got sick in Mexicali on cabbage one time and thought I was going to die. Its even better to avoid eating those vegetables.
I was the only one in our group that had the chicken. Everybody else was fine. Pretty much narrowed it down to the source. But yes, vegetables can be a bigger source of food poisoning than meats because they are often not washed well and are consumed raw. Still, I love the radishes and other fixin's served at the taco stands. I stay with the pickled onions and avoid the cabbage!

Happy - as long as it's not barkin' or meowing, who's to know? I think I've mentioned my Navy days of walking the streets of Brazil and eating "meat on a stick" cooked over 55 gallon drum burn barrels on the corners. Never asked what it was, never wanted to know. Yummy!

~~~ Hey Stuart, ~~~ next time have one of their chicken taco "SPECIALS", ~~~

~~~ 1/2 chicken, & 1/2 DOG, ~~~ MAYBE NOT SO FRESH ROAD KILL, !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ~~~
HAPPY....most of the dogs running around in Penasco don't have enough "meat" on their bones to make it to the pot!!! And it's gotten worse with fewer gringo tourists going down.... :rofl:

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Sneaky Gringos, ~~~

HAPPY....most of the dogs running around in Penasco don't have enough "meat" on their bones to make it to the pot!!! And it's gotten worse with fewer gringo tourists going down.... :rofl:
~~~ rocky, that is a fact, :lol: ~~~ but you know those stray dogs @ Lukeville that come up to you begging for something to eat, just before crossing over into mex., ~~~ well you know that they have been SLOWLY disappearing, ~~~

~~~ well you can thank gringo Stuart for that, ~~~ dead or alive ~~~ he grabs one every time he goes to PP, & takes it straight to the La Curva kitchen, ~~~ so that they can cook up his ~~~ " SPECIAL" while he's in town, ~~~ :lol: :lol: :lol: ~~~

~~~ but you know what, everytime ol Kenny somehow gets wind of it, ~~~ ( dog on menu @ Curva ) & he jets on down & is 1st, I mean 2nd in line ~~~ to get him some of that ~~~ "SPECIAL" :rofl::lol: :rofl::lol: ~~~

Last edited:

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I also got sick at the Friendly Dolphin one time and I've never been back either..... 3 days of laying on my bathroom floor wishing I was dead........