La Montaña School Mexican Independance Celebration

Barb and I were invited to join the La Montaña School for Special Needs Children, "Mexican Independance Celebration"... They brought the food, we brought the wheelchair donations...

Special Thanks to the Sheriffs Posse in Sun Lakes, Arizona for their donations....
http://www.rockypointclassroom.com/donate.html
with your help we are making a difference...

[video=facebook;437940403362]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=437940403362[/video]

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I so wished that I could have been there!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome video! Thank you, Mark and Barb, for all that you do and thank all of you here that help with donations!

beachgirl

Well Known Member
Totally heartwarming!! Brought tears to my eyes to see how happy the littlest of things can make these kids (of course it's HUGE to them)..............you guys are just so wonderful and the world is a better place because of you both!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the same goes for everyone who donates and makes a difference :gradea:

janetandclint

Well Known Member
Thank you for putting this on. Great job. What a good looking school and students. Like LadyJeeper, I have worked with children with special needs all my life. Can you tell me how many deaf children are in the school, that is my lifelong specialty, teaching deaf children, although I have taught children with almost all special education issues. Was the one little guy in the wheelchair using sign language?

janetandclint Thank you for your comments, and bless you for your work with the children... I'm not sure how many of the children are deaf but I will ask when we return to the school on monday... The boy in the whellchair is "Juan" and yes he imediately began signing "Thank You" when he was placed in the wheelchair, and he also started to roll the wheels as if this was his "Independance Day" it was a very touching moment for all of us... he was brought to school in a stroller everyday by his mother...

The Seriffs Posse of Sun Lakes AZ. donates the wheelchairs to us and we have been finding people in need of them as well as canes, crutches and walkers for the past 6 years... we have some very good friends from here on the forum like AZ ROB and Bob Oso who have brought them down to us... we also get them down here on our monthly bus tours that are chairity events to raise funds for the homeless and disabled Veterans of Arizona...