La Pinta Tequila

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
Terry,

... absolutely the best.

But I think it is in the Cointreau, Grand marniere league.

Not a shot or a tequila for mixes, unless it is to make a point like a orange Margarita sunrise.

This one deserves its own glass and be enjoyed for at least .... 30 minutes per serving.

I am glad someone seconds the motion.
I do not think many here have tried it,
last time I mentioned it it got zzzzzzzzzzzzzz............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....s.

P

Penasco Pirate

There was a bottle of that tequila at a party we went to not long ago. Needless to say, it didn't last long...I don't think many got to taste it!

V

VacationVanessa

Okay, really, I just have to say that I appreciate no only the info but the fact that you're doing research for a trip in JUNE. You have the Mexicosis, my friend. And here I thought I was the only person who does such silly things :)

By the way, this weekend I am making homemade limoncello in preparation for my trip in JUNE. Should be ready by then. Yes, I am planning my drinking three months in advance...

joester

2 salty dawgs
sounds like Mexicosis is similar to Dreaded Island Fever, where you just can't wait to get back to the islands, mon.
we need to get plans for April made......

T

TerryV

It's our annual trip to the Mayan for a week. I can usually feel my blood pressure drop as we cross the border...

B

bahiatrader

I could never develop a taste for tequila, but I do enjoy a snifter of limoncillo occasionally. We use the 96% grain alcohol you can buy in Mexico for about $5.00. Instead of the simple syrup called for in the recipe we use 1/2 syrup and 1/2 honey. Using the same 96% alcohol, our Kahlua recipe calls for eight cups of sugar. We use seven cups and 1/2 cup of honey. Both are just as sweet and much smoother. I prefer them to the much more expensive store bought varieties. Ambas bebidas son muy deliciosas.

N

nojopo

Mexicosis, huh? Sounds like a good name for a new tequila drink. Any recipes for ideas?