Laguna Shores?

Seahorse

I read the thread on the Laguna Shores fraud. I am going down the end of the month to look at real estate with my realtor down there. The house in Laguna Shores has a bank trust in place already. Any one have any real insight on how the development is doing?

Roberto

Well Known Member
Just take the appropriate precautions. Have a Notario review any documents before moving ahead. You do it, do not take the word of others. Take a hard look at the promises made by any developer. You may have a bank trust but if the developer defaults you may not have much infrastructure like road maintenance, etc. Are there city services out there like trash collection. Who controls the domestic water supply? There are actually condo owners with bank trusts in some of the unfinished condos. Can be a nightmare. Take a hard look at the beach there. In that whole area the water goes waaay out at low tide.

Seahorse

Just take the appropriate precautions. Have a Notario review any documents before moving ahead. You do it, do not take the word of others. Take a hard look at the promises made by any developer. You may have a bank trust but if the developer defaults you may not have much infrastructure like road maintenance, etc. Are there city services out there like trash collection. Who controls the domestic water supply? There are actually condo owners with bank trusts in some of the unfinished condos. Can be a nightmare. Take a hard look at the beach there. In that whole area the water goes waaay out at low tide.
Not sure on trash collection. They have a desalinization plant, so water is included in the HOA up to 2000 liter per mo, then you pay after that amount. Will definetly notario. Just wanted to know if any one knows about the management. Have already decided against Las Palomas, as have heard negative things about the management there.

playaperro

El Pirata
Not sure on trash collection. They have a desalinization plant, so water is included in the HOA up to 2000 liter per mo, then you pay after that amount. Will definetly notario. Just wanted to know if any one knows about the management. Have already decided against Las Palomas, as have heard negative things about the management there.
Would it happen to be one one of these? http://www.point2homes.com/MX/Real-Estate-Listings/Sonora/Puerto-Penasco-Rocky-Point.html?location=laguna+shores&search_mode=location&checkbox_for_sale=on&page=1&selected_view=listings&location_changed=true&ajax=1

mis2810

Well Known Member
Also be sure to look at the tide situation out there. I've heard it goes out REALLY, REALLY far to get into the water. Not a big deal unless you want to walk 1/4 of a mile to swim.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Also be sure to look at the tide situation out there. I've heard it goes out REALLY, REALLY far to get into the water. Not a big deal unless you want to walk 1/4 of a mile to swim.
The tide goes out about 1 mile at low tide and even then the water is only 3 feet deep after you go out another 200 feet into the water.
I gone out to the water edge at low tide and it takes 15-20 minutes of walking to get back to our camp spot,
It is beautiful and very secluded out there, but not for me because of the tide issues there.