Las Palomas Golf

Guys have been playing it for past 2 weeks and it has been fine to play on. Is brown but has been cut down and re seeded.

Thanks for the info. I have played it when it looked brown from the road but it was still very playable. Played it in Oct. not very playable. I'm assuming they got their pumps back on line ?

apricot

We were also there in Oct and yes, it was not very playable. We were told they lost their pumps for 14 days but did get them going again.

It seems like it's brown most times I've driven by, not a very attractive course. IMHO
We went to the Mayan's course last March and it was nice and green while the LP course was, you guessed it, brown.

apricot

We played at Laguna del Mar last month. It was really nice too....can't beat the Wed special. $36 for 18 holes (have to play the existing 9 holes twice) and 2 for 1 food and drinks. It was much more crowded than usual because nobody was playing Las Palomas.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
As I've said before, March/April - October/November is the growing season for the grass in Rocky Point. They do not over seed the courses in Rocky Point so naturally they will tend to look grey/brown in the winter time. If the course is looking grey/brown during the growing season it is dead. I wondered why LP looked like this in September and heard that they couldn't water the course for a couple of weeks. It did appear however that they were still able to water the greens. It's one thing to play on a burnt out course but it's another to play on sh1tty greens. If the greens are good, play on!

WOW...............Gag-A-Rifick!

Where is the booze, the blunts and the semi-naked, brown skinned Sonoran chickies shakin' their chi-chi's????

Just a bunch a lame azz stylin dudes twisting their skinny backsides for each other????

Only thing I saw of interest is Isla San Jorge on the horizon, patiently waiting for my Sea Pro "HAMMER TIME" to conduct a full blown " MEAT RUN".

JJ

Anyone been by the course lately or played it ? Going down in March just wondering if it's back in good shape yet ? Thnx Vern

OK, I try again, coming down in about a week and a half. Can anybody tell me what the course looks like ? Anybody play it lately ? Thnx Vern