last trip of the year = 55 yellow tail

SunDevil

Well Known Member
just got back from my last trip of the year fishing for yellow tail. had a great trip. 4 of us caught 55 YT in 2.5 days of fishing. 15/21/19. we let some go, gave some away and still managed to bring home 200 lbs of fillets. lost several to the tax man!!! we caught them trolling, jigging and casting to surface boils. we use a wheel barrel to get our fish from the boat to the fillet table. sure am going to miss pulling on these fish. hopefully I will be as lucky when I go to San Carlos in May and June to fish for sails, marlin and dorado.

sorry but the system will not let me upload pictures.

Jungle Jim

Well Known Member
So Devil............

At what part of the world did this bloody event occur? Ensenada? Bahia Gonzaga? Puerto Lobos? La Cholla????????

JJ

jerry

Well Known Member
Sundevil....a Lobos guy for sure....I saw a Japanese chef preparing yellowtail...soaked the 1.5 inch thick pieces in a brine for 15 minutes,washed them off then pan fried with a little oil and seasoning at low medium heat...came out great...not fishy and greatish

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
just got back from my last trip of the year fishing for yellow tail. had a great trip. 4 of us caught 55 YT in 2.5 days of fishing. 15/21/19. we let some go, gave some away and still managed to bring home 200 lbs of fillets. lost several to the tax man!!! we caught them trolling, jigging and casting to surface boils. we use a wheel barrel to get our fish from the boat to the fillet table. sure am going to miss pulling on these fish. hopefully I will be as lucky when I go to San Carlos in May and June to fish for sails, marlin and dorado.

sorry but the system will not let me upload pictures.
Pic size is limited to 1.5 Meg each for upload. If you resize the pics, should have no problem. Can upload 10 pics on a post.

Cell phone pics are huge... 4 to 7 Meg each. This site doesn't automatically resize the pics (like Facebook) on upload.

Congrats on all the hamachi! Good eats!

SunDevil

Well Known Member
they do not call me The Wolf of WalMart for nothing. HA HA.

not sure what is going on with the pictures. my computer says they are < 500KB and they will not upload.

jerry

Well Known Member
Pic size is limited to 1.5 Meg each for upload. If you resize the pics, should have no problem. Can upload 10 pics on a post.

Cell phone pics are huge... 4 to 7 Meg each. This site doesn't automatically resize the pics (like Facebook) on upload.

Congrats on all the hamachi! Good eats!
You can usually download your Facebook pictures and repost on our Betamax of a forum

asprinkles

Well Known Member
Sundevil....a Lobos guy for sure....I saw a Japanese chef preparing yellowtail...soaked the 1.5 inch thick pieces in a brine for 15 minutes,washed them off then pan fried with a little oil and seasoning at low medium heat...came out great...not fishy and greatish
Just have to remember that you want no red meat ,if you don't want fishy tasting fish. oh yeah and helps to bleed fish when caught. Just my opinion.

SunDevil

Well Known Member
on Saturday we gave this guy a couple 15 lb YT. he was broke down so we towed him in and only had caught a couple of small fish. on Sunday he caught this. one LUCKY son of a gun!!!

gold phase 2.jpg

SunDevil

Well Known Member
he told me one of his buddies said it had erectile enhancement attributes if consumed raw so he was planning on eating it when he got home to his girlfriend

asprinkles

Well Known Member
No,I meant the oysters. Not the group leader, orange grouper. I caught a large one of those and they said to throw it back. The locals did. So Who knows???

moore_rb

Stay Thirsty My Friends
Great trip Chris!

No more yellowtail fishing this year for me, either... We were on our way in after our last trip (3 weekends ago), and the pinion gear in my right engine broke, and made a serious mess of the gear box. New parts are on order, but it will be another month or so before I get it all back together.... and by then it will be hot, and life's too short to fish when it's hot (go ahead, call me a puss.... :p)

Luckily it let go just 10 miles from port, but it still took us an hour to roll that last 10 miles on one engine