Latitude Survey

Roberto

I frequent Latitude and have been puzzled why there are not more people going there. It's a great looking place, spacious inside, with a large palapa covered ocean view deck outside. Long bar and lots of tables. Lots of large screen TVs and all the sporting events. The mexican food is as good as you will find it here so are the burgers. Cold beer, super Margs and decent wine. The waitresses are all super. Had a long visit with Mike last night about what needs to happen to get the business up. Help us out and take this little survey:

Do you know where Latitude is located?

Have you ever visited Latitude?

If so , was it a good experience and why?

If not good what happened?

I visit Penasco about ____ times a year.

I would probably visit Latitude more if ______________________________________

I have known Mike for many years, I like the Lat31, just wish it was near a beach. Been there about 5 times over the last 10 years, Much better than average food and cold beer. Mike is a good guy just wish the location was better. We would usually take my kids to the Playa Bonita, Manny's or JJ's so they could run around on the beach while we had a beer and a snack. I've to Margarita Ville about 5 times over the years while they were open, mainly for the cheap drink specials and a wild crowd. But they had the same problem, the location. For a place to make money, it needs good repeating crowds and a beach location. IMHO. (But Manny's doesn't fit this for some reason) People are fickle and just go to the NEW place now until they find a new place. I would visit the Lat31 if they had more specials, same goes for other places. RP does need some more competition among the bars for them to stand out. There are so many doing the status quo and complaining about the lack of business. Off my soap box.

I know where it is at but have never visited it I go to RP about 12 times a year. I don't find it appealing from the outside building does not look inviting. They never advertise and I have no idea what type of food or specials they have.

Roberto-I have often thought the same thing. Their Cheeseburger in Paradise is one of the best. The huevos rancheros for breakfast is very good. Never had a bad meal there. The place is always very clean. Bryan's is not on the beach but packs the house. Is it the specials?

Miakko

Know where it is but have never visited; have no idea what their menu or pricing is or when they're open (a sign by the road would help with that). We would probably try it out if we knew they had reasonable kids specials or some type of happy hour specials. Could Mike post a PDF of his menu here?

Ed B

Small Potatoes
I frequent Latitude and have been puzzled why there are not more people going there. It's a great looking place, spacious inside, with a large palapa covered ocean view deck outside. Long bar and lots of tables. Lots of large screen TVs and all the sporting events. The mexican food is as good as you will find it here so are the burgers. Cold beer, super Margs and decent wine. The waitresses are all super. Had a long visit with Mike last night about what needs to happen to get the business up. Help us out and take this little survey:

Do you know where Latitude is located? Yes

Have you ever visited Latitude? Yes

If so , was it a good experience and why? Always great. Mike is an awesome host.

If not good what happened?

I visit Penasco about __25__ times a year.

I would probably visit Latitude more if I didn't have to drive in from Cholla. When we go to the boat at Safe we try to get in there. When I go down by myself and there is a fight on its also a great place to go.

mis2810

Heard of it many times. I know exactly where it is. Unless you've been there before there's nothing that draws your attention there. They need "something". Are their margaritas fabulous? Do they have a great happy hour? Is the food better than the norm?

Kenny

Man, I wouldn't want to mess with anybody that could chug a beer like that!
Ha, back in the day I could have given him a run for his money and that's why I had to stop drinking; so my friends could catch up with me.:mrgreen:

jerry

Maybe do a Man versus Food type plate....a few of the Superchimis...( only time I ate there it was a good one)
or do a zzTop plate....finish it and it is free! Then get the TV show guy down for the challenge

Attachments

Roberto

Thanks for the replies. I forgot to mention that they do breakfast and it's very kid friendly, with a play area and lots of space.

Interesting comments about the location. Dave told me he tried to put Capones up there nearby but culd not lock the land.

bluepenguin

In Town Gringo
I went with my wife. Found the food to be expensive and watched other people walk out after looking at the prices. Food was good but a little on the expensive side. I also think that the walk up the stairs or ramp will turn some people off.
Service was good, beer was cold and cheap. They need some good lunch specials to bring people in.
We live here and there are other places to go for a reasonably priced quick bite.

We come to Rocky Point 4-6 times a year for 3-8 weeks at a time. We have eaten at Latitude and love it! The food is great and the service is really friendly. We go whenever we are in town.

TICO-T

I had Thanksgiving dinner there with a local family and we all loved the Turkey with all the trimmings. A very good red wine as well. The price was fine.

Thank you Mike!

Roberto

Need stronger drinks, cheaper prices, Mike needs not to be so Grumpy and Bar waiters need to be more personal.
Wow are you sure we are talking about the same place. Sounds like Capones you are talking about. Mike is always friendly and very outgoing and he has all waitresses ??

ben21

Something about the look of the place always turned me off, not sure why. But after reading about how many people seem to enjoy it, I'm going to stop by for breakfast and give it a try. I go to Max's and La Cita too much and need to branch out a little more.