Licenses

VonDog

El Pescador
Has anyone acually ever been checked at sea or port for their fishing licenses? I know a lot of people that fish regularly and I question if they even know the regs or not. Personally, I buy a yearly license to make it easy but I'd hate take some friends out to Bird Island and while they're watching and listening to the sealions, NOT FISH?. I was in San Carlos a few years back and tried to get a license several times at different spots and was directed to the right place but noone was there. We went fishing anyways and had a ball. Any thoughts or comments?

B

bahiatrader

I was checked one time several years ago when I was launching at the public launch area in Rocky Point. I was checked another time when the Armada Naval cutter Kochab came to my rescue after both motors had failed 17 mi. out of Rocky Point. They checked my sailing papers and all of our licenses. I usually buy an annual license. They are good for one year from the time you buy them. A lot of my friends tell me they are not necessary. The regs state that if one person is fishing, everyone on board must have a license. I'd just as soon pay the money and not have to find out. I believe I have been checked twice for a license in the US during the same time. It's always your option to violate the law. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. I consider a license cheap insurance.

Attachments

I have never been checked but is about doing the right thing. Same for the States, never been checked, but always had a license.

VonDog

El Pescador
Is there any place to get a one day license? I know you can get a week, a month, and a yearly at Conapesca via the Secretaria de Agrcultura but don't know if you can get a one day somewhere in Rocky Point or elsewhere. Thanks